One.

It was Monday morning and like every school day morning I go over to A's house to get her and walk to school. This morning I felt fresh and actually awake, I walked over to A's and knocked on the door. Just my luck Kenny opened it. Kenny and I aren't the best of friends, I think of him to be stuck up and full of himself because all the girls want him.

"A, Oliviana is at the door for you!" He shouts up the stairs. He knows I hate my full name so that's why he uses it. I always had a back up plan with Kenny because when he calls me Oliviana I call him Kenneth. Its just how it works between us.

"Hey Liv, wanna come in a sec I'm not fully ready yet?" I nod my head a walk in closing the door behind me.
-
-
At school-

We were walking through the halls when I got pulled away from A and into the janitors closet. It turned around to see who it was. Kenneth...

"What do you want?" I ask rudely.

"I don't want anything, it's just that I've heard Ari crying herself to sleep every night and I've seen some scars on her arm so I think she's being bullied. Can you watch out for her for me?" He asks softly like he actually does care about his little sister for once.

"Yeah sure, I was getting a bit worried about her too." I say back.
I slowly walk out the closet checking that no one saw me and ran to catch up with A.

"A! Ari! Ariana! Ariana Elizabeth Holland!" I shouted. I knew she could hear me but why wasn't she answering me I haven't done anything.

I finally caught up with her and tapped her on her shoulder she vigorously shook my hand off of her and carried on walking.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I said

"WHY LIV? WHY? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING ME THIS!" She shouted.

"Yeah I am because I haven't done anything!" I snap back.

"Okay then, I got pushed into the lockers again and my best friend who's always there to push them away and get me back up wasn't there!" She told me now starting to cry.

"Look I'm so so so so sorry, I dropped my pencil back around the corner and went back to pick it up. If I had known that that was happening to you right there and then I would have ran as fast as I could to come and pick you back up and push those jerks away. And I promise next time I drop my pencil I won't go back to pick it up because I will be there to pick you up." I say with tears forcing to push out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry" I say again.

"Look you know my sweet spots and you know how to cheer me up and what to say when I'm down. So just promise me that you will always have my back no matter what?" She says looking me directly in the eyes.
I nod and we hug so tightly I don't ever want to let go.