CHAPTER 4: ROYALS (ENVY)

"SoPhoenix had risen from the ashes, back to give you a new video

"SoPhoenix had risen from the ashes, back to give you a new video..." this is her intro. Sophia is her name.

***

I woke up in a different room. Written in the envelope was SIN OF ENVY.

I asked who is it for, then the man with a deep voice gave me the picture which I think came from the other room. I uncovered it and shocked to see a woman that even I look up to, Sophia.

He then gave me a gun while my hands are still tied.

"I know that you know her. Kill her!" the man commanded.

There was only the two of us in the room and even though my hands are tied, I can still pull the trigger, so I pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger.

Nothing came out, he wasn't shocked.

"Haha! Stupid! That is not loaded. Remember that you and your family's life is at stake. You will not kill her, we will help you deliver the letter and her death is up to her," the man said.

***

"So I'm gonna bring death to you now? And to other people," I said as I held the picture, as if I'm talking to the person in it.

"But what have you done?" I asked still looking at the picture.

SOPHIA

"An envelope?" I asked as I got out of bath. There was this eerie feeling, the cold wind hugs me as it passes through the window and the darkness sparingly swallowed the surroundings.

The envelope was placed above my bed and as I get near, my heart pounds fast, but it was faster when I got close to the envelope which is stained with blood, written with blood was "SIN OF ENVY".

A few years ago.

Simple yet elegant. Daring and strong! I am the Queen! Also the Ace, number one! Top of the class in both academic and extracurricular. NO ONE CAN TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME. I've been through so much troubles just to get in here. This is my throne, mine and only mine!

"Hi, Sophia! How are you?" one of my schoolmates asks.  

"Beautiful as usual. How 'bout you?" I answered with confidence. This Queen may not meet Filipino stereotypes of beauty but why should I feel less confident, right? Beauty and brains as they say.

This Queen has Princesses; three girls who are beautiful in their own. One meets many stereotypes, her face makes the hot guys drool; another is a feisty one, which would make the same guys tremble; the last meets no stereotypes of beauty, a wealthy woman who's always get leeched upon by guys.

"Sophia, feisty as always!" my wealthy princess said. Her name is Roselita but she'd rather be called Rose, she was named after her parents Rosario and Carmelita which is a typical way of Filipino parents in naming their children.