Speakeasy

(A/N: I do not own anything from this franchise only this fic of mine. Respective ownership goes to Ken Wakui for this wonderful manga. Set in alternate universe and in a future timeline of Bonten wherein Takemichi joined Bonten after a failed attempt of saving Mikey from his dark future. Please do mind the tags and questionable themes of this fic before proceeding to read the whole story. There will be explicit sexual content. If all of this makes you uncomfortable, please refrain from reading further. If all is well from your end, then continue reading it. This is more of an introspective style of work focusing on a specific character just like what I used to do with my previous novels and short stories in the past. Sort of like a stream of consciousness style that I'm quite fond of. There will still be plot and drama to keep things moving into the fic, but they're not overtly drawn out and speedy. Kakucho is one of the most interesting characters in the franchise and he reminded me of Draken like he's the heart of Izana since he's the voice of reason for him and his loyalty with him knows no bounds. But I will be focusing more on his childhood past and relationship with Takemichi as there are certain glimpses in the manga that is intriguing for me, but it's not been expanded more by Wakui after the Tenjiku arc. I just hope that Wakui can also focus on their dynamics in the final arc since it's got a lot of potential aside from the great partnership of Chifuyu and Takemichi ofc. Additionally, I tried to make Kakucho IC and not OOC in this since I know that he's not really a philosophical person in general, but he struck to me that he had his moments of thinking deeply on some things when he's alone or not being bothered with gang related stuff. Lastly, credits to (@_itseuni) in twt for this beautiful art of Bonten Takemichi).

The faint noises of the vehicles in the middle of the night lulled against Kakucho's hearing as he watched the city from the outside of his window, sitting at the windowsill with one of his feet dangling into the midair. He inadvertently made a pass of not attending their usual hangout every Friday of the week seeing that they already got wasted the other day and his head was still aching from the blaring noises and scraping sounds from the crowd at the bar. He also had enough witnessing Sanzu doing some weird shit when he was intoxicated and high as a kite and being goaded by the Haitani brothers seeing that they'd always like to be the goddamn daredevils and incited more ruckus and chaos altogether.

This was one of the few times that he could just be still and let his thoughts wandered aimlessly like the breeze of the wind dancing in the cold night of January. Kakucho had idly wondered when had the time had gone through... even though that it only flowed in one, direct line... neither going backwards nor taking another turn at another side.

Time had been a constant thing in this world.

People may come and go. Civilizations may rise and fall. Things will erode and fade away like a flick of dust in the ground.

But time had always been there.

A silent reminder that nothing was in eternity and can always run out of your grasp if you don't handle it properly.

Izana had a funny relationship with time. Sometimes it's within his grasp. Sometimes he's chasing it like the shadows of his dark past.

But it was never enough.

Never enough to fit all his ambitions, dreams, anguish, misery, and revenge into a one capsule of steady flowing of numbers that trickled into seconds, minutes, and hours of his decaying life.

Both shared hopes and ambitions for the future... to build a kingdom solely for outcasts like them... the bonds of orphaned children can never be understood by any society.

It was inevitable for his demise.

Regardless of if a mere servant like him tried in futile to save his own king.