Chapter Eight

It was Cristabel who had screamed; Eddie had been the first to arrive besides herself and Kim who was standing next to Cristabel in pure shock and fear.

Eddie had never ran so fast in his life. But of course, he ran for her. For her safety. For her. He had to know if she was okay. She was fine, it wasn't her that had died. It was the chef. He was laying on the ground next to a puddle of his own blood. It was leaking from his slit throat. On the radio, Renegade by Styx played ironically.

One by one, the other people made it into the kitchen and their eyes shifted towards the dead body.

"Another one?" Trevor asked. "Who is it this time?" He held Azami close to him. "The chef?"

Wadsworth walked into the kitchen and went to the radio which blared the song in a crude manner.

The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found me. The renegade that had it made, retrieved for a bounty. Nevermore to go astray, this will be the end today of the wanted man....

He turned it off and walked up to Felcher's carcass and got on his knees. He stared into Isaac's cold dead eyes and wiped a tear away. Carol edged her way towards the crowd, her body shaking profusely.

"Are you sayin...it's....Felcher who's....dead?" She asked. Without looking up, Wadsworth answered in a great deal of sadness.

"Yes, I'm afraid it is." Wadsworth said. Carol backed away slowly and started freaking out and crying.

"No, no it's not. No, he's okay. He's not dead, he's knocked out, right. He can't be dead. It's not true, say it's not true." Carol said freaking out.

Kim walked over to her slowly and tried to comfort her. But to no avail.

"Carol, I'm sorry but his throat is slit." She said and Carol dropped to the floor crying loud sobs.

"No! Make them stop! Make the killer stop! Make them stop! Make the killer go away! Please go! For God's sake, go!" Carol cried in a great deal of sadness.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could. I wish we all could." Kim said, holding onto her in a friendly way.

"Truth is, none of us know who the killer is." Wadsworth said to himself and to the remaining crowd of guests.

Kim held onto Carol and the 2 hugged each other close, as Carol cried into her shoulder. Kim comforted her and assured her everything would be ok and that Felcher was in a better place.

Eddie watched this, along with a couple others with great sadness. Eddie walked over to Cristabel and held onto her.

"Are you okay? How are you holding up?" Eddie asked her. She shrugged and looked up at him.

"I don't know anymore. What about you?" She asked him. He looked away and then back at her.

"I believe I might've came into contact with one of the spirits." Eddie said quietly to where only he and her could hear. "Not very well because it didn't talk but I sure as hell saw it. It was a hooded figure from what I could tell of it." Cristabel looked at him with wide eyes.

"Do you want to be in mine and Kim's group? I'm sure we'll let you." Cristabel offered. Eddie accepted.

"Yeah, sounds good." Eddie accepted and the 2 held each other close.