007. ❛ newbies ❜

R O S A

It was literally like, I could give the water a high five right now

It was literally like, I could give the water a high five right now. And I could almost explode with relief.

I was outside going around in the market, to collect things for the guests that are coming today. And on accident... I glided my hand- very quickly against the wood of a jewelry stand and it scorched on fire. The man that owned it, screamed and ran to get water. I panicked knowing it was me.

"AHHHH!" You could hear the man wailing. And I scoffed, rubbing my hands together to collect water that was only in a large beside us. I roll my eyes at the fact the man completely ignored the fountain of water in front of us.

Before doing so, I made sure to make sure nobody was around so I can do this. I raise my hands, so the water follows and levitates over the burning wood. Good thing it wasn't spreading fast or this would be complete chaos. Before I let the water fall over the fire-

"If you really want to keep this a secret, I wouldn't do this out in the public" I squealed, making the water not just fall on the fire but also all over me.

I knew that wasn't Camilo.

It wasn't Carlos or Gael-

Neither was it mom...

I turned around and... It was Dolores. She had one hand on her hip, as her eyes hooded as she had a 'seriously?' look on her face. I stood there as she walked up to me curiously, looking over at me then at the burned wood.

"Good thing it was small, or else Mr. Cruz wouldn't be able to face a lifetime if something happened to his jewels" She said, as she checked the pretty jewelry and none were ruined or anything.

"H-how-"

"Oh yeah! I just heard you and Camilo talking about it that one night... Two and a half months ago?" My eyes widened, and my mouth slightly opened.

"Seriously? You've known for that long?" I ask, my head slightly tilted to the side.

"Yep! I didn't find it a big deal since I knew you were probably special because- just look at you! You have tattoos! I don't think it's possible, if you weren't special in anyway-" I give her the same look she gave me earlier, and groaned covering my face with my hands.

"C-can you just not say anything to anybody?" I ask, my eyes peaking through my fingers. She glanced at me before fully looking at me and smirks softly. Softly, she takes my hands away from my face and holds them down.

"It's okay, Rosa. This gift- it's amazing! You can control the four elements! And just because of your 'gifts', doesn't make me think of you any differently- even if you told the whole town! Nobody will think of you any different, every time they see you they'll think of the same girl before when they didn't know you had powers- Rosa Delos-Angeles!"