Chapter Six

Chapter Six

“THE truth is... I still love you. And.. I want to win you back.”

Those words were repeating inside my ears. Parang sirang plaka, ayaw tumigil.

“The truth is... I still love you. And.. I want to win you back.”

“The truth is... I still—”

“Ma’am, sir, ito na po ang order niyo. Enjoy your meal.”

“Kailan ako um-order?” I asked in confusion. I don’t remember ordering anything.

“Oh, I ordered it in advance. I thought you might be hungry. And I ordered all your favorites.”

I looked at the food. Tacos, veggie wraps, salad, veggie bowl, fish sticks, and tostadas.

“Hindi na ako kumakain niyan.”

His mood went down. “Oh. That’s.. that’s a shame. What do you like?”

“I don't want anything. Tsaka, pakiulit nga ‘yung sinabi mo.”

“Uhm.. ‘what do you like?’?”

“No. Before that.”

“‘I ordered all your favorites.’ Is that it?”

“No! Not that one. The one you said when I asked you kung bakit ka nandito.”

“Oh.. that?” Napa-‘oh’ siya nang ma-realize kung ano ang tinutukoy ko. “I said.. the truth is... I still love you. And.. I want to win you ba—”

“TANGA KA BA?”

Napalakas yata ako nang tanong dahil tumingin sa’min ang mga kalapit naming table. I mouthed the word ‘sorry’. Some of them just giggled while some shook their heads. Iniisip siguro nilang eskandalosa ako.

“Huh?”

“Sabi ko, tanga ka ba?”

“What do you mean?”

“After you ghosted me for almost two years.. you’ll just show up and say that you still love me? What kind of a lunatic are you?”

“Well, it’s true! I still love yo—”

“Well, I don’t! Tapos na tayo. So pl—”

“Well..” He trailed off. I raised an eyebrow so he continued. “To think of it, we’re not. I ghosted you.. but I never broke up with you.”

“Then I will.. break na tayo. We’re done!” I said and hurriedly left that place.

“That took you three subjects? Inabot ka ng tanghali dahil doon?”

“Well, there was a little bit of detour.”

Napasapo siya sa noo niya. “I don’t know what to do with you two.” I guess he’s pertaining to me and Klyde. “Please, Kisha. Don’t lie again. And the next time that stupid Arco tries to talk to you again, call me.”

“Call you? And then what? Susuntukin mo? No way.”

“Hehe.”

“Akyat na ako.” Paalam ko kay kuya.