Chapter 8- Melodrama

©©© i don't mind advertisement though (hint hint jkjk)

Author's note
My author's note is kinda useless. I'm really busy so I try okay, I try. This chapter is pretty long, so yay have fun.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
My love goes out to all those who still follow this story, even though it's messy here and there, unorganised and not as detailed as it could be.
-Ryuushio

Chapter 8
Monday. The birds chirping outside my window were annoying me more than they should.

Its has been about one week since I received the message from that man.

New message:
How are you, Rianne? I'm doing well. Are you working hard in school? It has been so long since I last saw you, you were just a little toddler then! I have been in India recently, I hope you have been receiving my gifts and postcards✉

I'm messaging to tell you that my company has given me a month of break as a reward for gaining a huge profit in the last market discussion with another business. I will be going back to see you, since a month of school break is coming up for you as well. I've bought presents, and I can't wait to see how much my little Riri has grown! I'll be arriving in the afternoon next Monday. See you! ^_^

I didn't reply, I mean, I didn't know how to. The use of the emojis just made me even more unsure of how to feel. I went to ask Mom, despite the cold atmosphere between us.

"Oh yes, Rob told me," she answered curtly.

"Rob? " I did not remember his name being Rob.

"New business name. Robert Blue, Rob for short."

Robert Blue.

I had always known him as just "Dad", and even so, I didn't use it much. I made it a point to keep him out of my mind, to prevent myself from thinking about being a Blue, rather than a Green.

Rianne Blue. I sounded it out in my head and cringed a little. Rianne Green sounded way more suitable. Of course it would.

"So you're just going to let him come into contact with us after so long? Mom, you know everything will be messed up!"

She remained expressionless,"I didn't say I would."

I watched her pull a tray of cookies from the oven, waiting expectantly. That meant that she wouldn't let him come near me; I knew her well enough to understand that. Feeling the knot in my stomach untug and come loose was such a relief.

  I didn't want to meet a man whom I should mean the world to but don't. I didn't want to look into the eyes that once looked at a younger me with mixed feelings. Whether it was with thoughts of abandonment or unending love, I didn't want to know.

###

  Monday. School holidays, right. I woke up to the clock hitting me with reality as if it were a hammer,"MONDAY, 12PM. YOU-KNOW-WHO WILL BE HERE SOON."

  I whinced, irritated. So tempted to use a profanity.

  Stumbling out of the room to the kitchen, I noticed someone sitting at the white leather sofa in front of the television. I squinted, heart beating rapidly. Turtleneck sweater, nicely pieced jawline, deep ocean eyes- Thank God, it was just Andy.

  Andy and I have gotten more used to each other's presence, but I haven't gotten my guard down on him. I nodded at him as a salutation, and he raised his hand and waved a little, looking pleasantly surprised. I edged towards the kitchen, thinking of breakfast and lunch. The green white chocolate cookies Mom had baked sat in a cylindrical container beside the refrigerator. Perfect choice of brunch.