CHAPTER 4

The alarm had rung off at the perfect time as usual. Both Robert and Amber had already freshened up and got ready. But Meera was still asleep. On Amber's order, Robert had been trying to wake her up for the last ten minutes and he was failing.

-"Wake up baby. We will be late otherwise. Up! Up!" He kept on tapping on his daughter.

Amber looked at them and rolled her eyes.

-"Somebody once told me, 'BE STRICT WHEN YOU'RE WAKING UP A KID'" Amber mimicked her husband.

Their flight to New Delhi was scheduled at 9 in the morning. And they should reach the airport by 6.30, and it was already 6. Amber went to the bed and shoved Robert off the bed. She got on the bed and took the duvet off her. Amber then pulled Meera up by her arm.

-"Wake up." Amber spoke aloud waking Meera up.

She had an 'I am going to cry' face with her eyes closed.

-"Meera we are gonna be late if you don't get up now."

Finally, sleeping beauty opened her eyes. Amber took this opportunity and helped her off the bed into the washroom. Within fifteen minutes, Meera was wide awake and ready in a beautiful white t-shirt and red shorts. Amber went to her makeup bag to take out some hair accessories. Meera ran to the window again.

Thankfully they reached the airport perfectly on time. Meera was excited. It was going to be her first-ever flight. After all the formalities, they boarded the flight. Meera wanted to sit by the window but was nervous.

What if the glass breaks and she falls off the flight! She thought.

Robert sensed her fears and encouraged her to take the window seat by giving her a slight push. Meera reluctantly took the seat.

Minutes passed and finally, it was time to take off. There was an announcement asking the passengers to fasten their seat belts. Amber tightened Meera's seat belts. As the aircraft started to move, Meera felt getting more and more anxious. She suddenly felt a hand on her. She looked up. It was her mother. Amber had a small smile on her lips.

-"Everything will be fine. We are here." Amber soothed.

A couple of days later

Four days have passed since Meera got her parents; four days of not being an orphan anymore. Things were going pretty well. On the first day in New Delhi, Meera was taken to a hospital for some medical tests. Meera was all okay until she saw the nurse pull out a syringe.

Meera had started shaking her head vigorously constantly murmuring "No!". But Amber held her tight in her arms as the latter kept crying.

By the time all the tests were done, Meera was a mess. Her face was red and her eyes swollen. But at the end of the day, Meera was happy to have what her parents had promised her- mac n' cheese and ice- cream for dinner.

Day two was very boring. They had to be at the embassy for long hours. From signing papers to just waiting, waiting, and more waiting. But all's well that ends well. By 6 in the evening, they had all the documents required for their departure, which included Meera's passport.

Seeing the passport on the table in the hotel room she recalled Anjali's words.

"Check your name once you get your passport."