CHAPTER 6

Offline classes. New place. Without parents. Final semester. Dissertation. I am dead.

SORRY FOR BEING LATE.

THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone, Meera has crossed 1K reads!!

contd..

-"We will land in thirty minutes, sir." A staff informed Robert who had been awake by now.

He nodded his head at the young man and got up from the couch. Robert had a tight sleep. The past week had been very stressful for them, especially Robert, who continuously stayed in touch with his office colleagues. He stretched his arms and twisted his torso a little to wipe off the remaining tiredness from him.

He looked at the smartwatch on his right wrist. It was 3.40 in the afternoon. It was high time the mother-daughter woke up. Pushing the door open, he smiled glancing at them sleeping in each other's embrace. Meera had one leg on Amber, her face hidden between the latter's arm that rested on Meera's back.

Robert did not have the heart to break the moment but he had to. He shook Amber up notifying her that the flight would land anytime now.

-"What time is it ?" She asked quickly getting off the bed.

-"You've exactly ten minutes to settle."

-"Damn! You should've called me earlier." She paused for a second only to continue, "Oh that would require you to get up even earlier." She reprimanded.

-"Please get settled and fasten your seatbelts. We'll land in seven minutes." They heard the announcement.

Amber pushed Robert and jumped towards Meera, who fortunately had already started to wake up. All credits to her parents.

-"We have reached. Wake up, baby."

Meera got up and started rubbing her eyes vigorously. Amber helped her to the washroom for the latter to freshen up.

In no time they were on their respective seats, all fastened. Meera was all awake by now. She was back to her anxious self, looking over the concrete forest out of the window. Amber had a soft yet firm hold on her daughter's hands as a sign of comforting her.

The flight landed and Meera felt something unusual in the pit of her stomach for the first time. Thoughts started flooding in.

What if they don't like me?

I have five brothers. How will I stay with them? I won't even fit in the house.

Robert deboarded the flight followed by Amber and Meera. The Sun was inclined to the West preparing to set. They progressed towards the exit for certain formalities which hardly took fifteen minutes. Soon two men arrived in a big black car. The luggage was arranged at the back of the car.