Chapter 24 - Burnt Rice

Friday was a busy day. It was time for Lucy to collect her courtesy car from the garage a couple of miles away, and to return to the wheel nearly two weeks after her accident. She had arranged a late morning appointment so Jack could go with her before he had to meet the squad at the Etihad to take the coach down to London. Saturday's lunchtime kick off was away to West Ham, always a tricky proposition for City. 

Jack's driver, the long-suffering Sandeep, was ready to collect them at 10:45. 

"Try and keep as disguised as possible," advised Lucy, as Jack scrabbled around for clothes to throw on after he had returned from his morning gym session at the Etihad. "I just want you lurking in the background, you know?"

"Wot, like not sayin' anythin'?" asked Jack, frowning. "Sorta dumb boyfriend vibe?"

"Yeah, that's it," said Lucy, nodding, "not that you're the dumb boyfriend, no! That's not what I'm saying...just don't want people asking questions, or word getting round. You never know who knows who round here - Manchester is a hell of a lot smaller than London."

"Nah I know you weren't meanin' that," said Jack, holding up a black pair of jogging bottoms, "what about these?"

"They're fine, just don't wear anything too flashy - and don't forget, plain beanie hat and snood. Big coat."

"Not the hi-vis jacket?" laughed Jack, prompting Lucy to playfully thump him in the arm.

Lucy watched Jack as he stripped his City clothing off to change into more of a BoohooMan outfit. Her eyes lingered on the shape of his pecs, his hard nipples, the lines of his abs and the 'v' that ran down from his hips to his abdomen, the line of hair that ran to her favourite part of his body...It had only been a few hours since she had been devouring him, enjoying lazy, fumbling morning sex with him in bed in the inky light of the approaching dawn, softly moaning in his ear as he tugged her hair, sleepily grinding herself onto his length, his hands shakily grasping her buttocks as they came together. 

"Stop starin' at me," said Jack, smirking as he pulled on a vest top.

"Guilty as charged, but I'll carry on staring. Hurry up. Sandeep's been here five minutes already."

Jack huffed and puffed as he hurried on the remainder of his outfit, pushing errant strands of hair off his face as he lowered the beanie hat onto his head.

"If they ask, I'll just say you're my cousin Pete," said Lucy, now grabbing Jack's arm to pull him out into the hall so he could put his trainers on.

"Pete?"

"Yeah, I'm using your middle name you dopey sod," smiled Lucy, poking him in the back as he bent down to tie his laces up.

"Honestly, the abuse I get!" Jack was pouting but Lucy knew he didn't mean it. As he stood back up, Lucy put her arms around his waist and kissed him on the lips, slowly pushing her tongue into his mouth to taste him again. She would rather stay kissing him forever. Anything to avoid having to sit in the driver's seat of a car again. 

"Thought you was in a rush," mumbled Jack, pressing his nose against hers. 

"Had to kiss those pouty lips." Lucy ran her fingertip over the outline of his lips playfully.

"C'mon babe, let's get goin'," Jack took her hand to lead her out of the door.

It was a crisp, sunny autumnal day. The garage was small and as Lucy sat inside filling in and signing the required paperwork, Jack loitered outside staring into his phone, keeping his head down and pulling his snood up over his nose so only his eyes were visible between the snood's soft fabric and the bottom of his beanie hat. Lucy was pleased at the disguise. He was mostly in black, which was very unlike him, but at the same time he did give off the appearance of an armed robber.