thriry-four.

el clung close to mike as she sat on his lap in his office as he worked. after last weeks incident at the race, mike noticed how el clung closer to him as if he will suddenly go away.

she drops her head down to his shoulder, "what more do you have to do anyways?"

"a lot more."

"about?"

"they found something wrong with my car at the race. i didn't crash because i crashed, i crashed because i was planned to crash."

"i'm a straight A english student but i still didn't catch that," she says honestly which causes him to chuckle.

"someone popped my tire and so i crashed. but the impact wasn't enough for it to flame up and explode. meaning.. someone wanted me dead." he says as her eyes widen, "oh my god, what did you do to people!?"

"who are your enemies?" she asks him as he shrugs, "as of right now, probably amarah's mother but i doubt she is or was, trying to kill me."

"she sounds mean.." she whispers, "no offence or anything."

"i mean, yeah, she's a fucking bitch," he shrugs easily as she smiles gently, "okay, but what if she was trying to kill you?"

"then it'll make things easier because it won't be the first time," he smiles, "and it won't be good for her case considering she wants amarah back,"

"ah, yes," she nods then stands up, "i'm very concerned as to your getting killed situation but i'm also very hungry. can we go eat?"

he grabs her hands and sways it before kissing the back of her palm, "i forgot to ask.. how were your classes?"

"fine, i guess." she mumbles.

"just fine?"

she nods, "just fine, nothing much. let's go?"

he smiles reassuringly and stands up before he playfully falls against her. he smiles, "why do you look so pretty today?"

"oh.." she breathes out, "i— i don't know.." even though they were already dating, he never failed to make her blush or at a loss of words from his compliments.

his head falls to her neck and kisses her olive skin, "i have an idea," he whispers into her ear as she hums, her arms around his body and her chin over his shoulder.

"what is it?"

"maybe we should just skip out on lunch and just go back to my house..." he mutters.

"and do what? i'm hungry," she comments softly as he smirks, "and you know.. eat something else.."

her eyes widen and she shoves him away, "nu-uh!"

"nu-uh? why nu-uh?" he asks as she crosses her arms, "don't even think about it."

"come on... why!?" he whines, "i'm very sex deprived right now.."

"that's a you thing. not a me thing." she denies him, but gently.

truth was, she was afraid to have sex. not that she hasn't before and multiple times... but with the same guy, it did not feel good at all.

it actually even hurt a bit. especially her first time.

her boyfriend didn't care less on her pain and was really rough every single time and though that little thing didn't give much pleasure, it did give pain every once in a while.

maybe it was the way his finger rubbed but she was not sure.

she just knew she couldn't count on men for pleasurable orgasms.

"wait.." he lets out slowly, "are you.. are you a—"

she cuts him off, "what!? no! no, i have not a virgin." she corrects him, "i just... i don't like sex."

"oh," he whispers out then smiles out brightly, "that's cool, so lunch?" he helps her change the subject, thinking it might have been sensitive to her.

she noticed, and felt the need to correct him once more, "it's not because of what happened when i was little, by the way."

he nods and waist for her to continue.

"my last and only boyfriend was terrible at it. like very rough.... including my first time. yet somehow no matter how rough he was, i couldn't feel anything. just pain.." she tells him, "and i hate birth control. my periods are uneven and my boobs are ginormous, i hated it. and he made me take them so he could, y'know,"

"that motherfu—"

"i punched him in the face after he tried to force me again," she cuts him off, "so please don't hurt your pretty knuckles for me."

he leans forward to gently peck her forehead before wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "you can take your time to.. fear sex.. but just saying, i give the best pleasurable sex. you'll be screaming for more."

she flushes red, then teases a reply, "you're saying you've pleasured a lot of women?"

"mhm.. but i know i'll love pleasuring you most," he whispers and leads her to the door.

• • •

el gasps, "oh my gosh, that's so cute!" she points to a paper cartoon cat on a sushi dish moving on the sushi conveyor belt.

"this sushi place is dumb." mike mumbles from across the booth which makes her frown, "i like it, it's cute and cheap." she grabs a dish, "and very very yummy."

"we could have yummier."

"oh, turn that frown upside down and enjoy this with me, will you? i am very much stopping my consideration on having sex with you." she threatens him with a playful tone which causes him to shut up and let out something under his breath.

"i love this place, yay cheap sushi," he pretends which causes her to smile and laugh.

just as he was about to speak to her, a buzz makes him stop and she smiles apologetically before picking up her phone.

her smile drops slightly at the text and he must have noticed considering his creased eyebrows and his confusion at her sudden expression.

"what is it?" he asks.

she shakes it off, "nothing." oh, it was everything.

unknown: who will he pick? you or his daughter? i would love to know.

"i.. i need to go to bathroom," she grabs her purse, "i'll be right back," she whispers and stands up in a hurry before she makes her way to the bathroom.

he gives a concerned look before nodding and watching her go.

she walks into the bathroom, finding a stall then frowns at her phone.

el: what do you want?

if they even tried to touch amarah—

unknown: you know what i want.

el exhales and her fingers shake as she types.

el: don't touch amarah. she has nothing to do with me, don't ruin another four year old.

she places her phone away and takes a deep breath before she looks herself in the mirror and walks back out to find mike.

"hey, everything good?" he asks and she nods.

"everything is fine... is amarah off yet? i kind of want to pick her up myself," el says as he smiles, "no, lucas is doing it. oh and my driver."

"does she not need bodyguards?" she couldn't help but ask.

"no... a bodyguard tried to kidnap her and take my money once. never again, lucas will do fine." he says which only makes her panic worse, "oh,"

but lucas is strong so, "everything will be fine."

at least she hopes.