X

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Beyoncé sat and watched her hippie art teacher explain their assignment.

"Pottery making! With real clay! An art that originated from several places, Africa, China, Ancient Greece!" Mr. Micah said as he walked around the room.

"You'll be working with real clay to create—whatever you'd like really. This is going to get messy so get your aprons on young creators!" He said and Beyoncé sat back.

"I've never even touched clay before." Beyoncé said and Onika was excited. Beyoncé turned to see a jittery looking Onika.

"Well this is new." Beyoncé mumbled. Onika seemed excited at the pure thought of pottery.

She witnessed the girl get up and quickly grab on of the aprons and tie it behind herself. She looked up and smiled at Beyoncé, doing a "come here" motion.

"...and kind of cute." Beyoncé mumbled—she didn't realize what she was saying. It came out automatically as she hesitantly stood up and went toward the apron rack.

"You're really this excited?" Beyoncé asked and Onika nodded. "I-I haven't gotten to do this in awhile." Onika said and Beyoncé noticed how deep her dimples were.

"We don't have the machines in here, they're down the hall. Let's go." The teacher said and Onika immediately followed.

Beyoncé found herself quickly grabbing a apron and following Onika.

When they got in the actual room, Beyoncé looked around at all the machines. "This isn't my room—so don't fuck anything up and let your creative juices flow!" He said sitting back and Beyoncé watched Onika sit at one of the stations.

Beyoncé followed—for once—Beyoncé felt like Onika was tugging her—but not physically.

"Bey! Come sit next to me." Onika said excited and Beyoncé chuckled a bit. "Not sure if I'm actually interested in this shit." Beyoncé said and Onika frowned a bit.

"It's really fun once you try. You can watch me try." Onika offered as she started up the machine.

"This is a Potter wheel. It like spins the clay—see?" Onika asked and Beyoncé nodded as she sat next to Onika.

"And you just gotta—well—it depends on what you wanna make." Onika said laughing a bit.

"Do you wanna make actual pottery? Or maybe just a clay art piece?" Onika asked and Beyoncé just shrugged.

"I'm pretty content watching you play in clay." Beyoncé said and Onika smiled as she continued. She watched Onika work with it—it looks easier than it probably is.

She seemed like she really knew what she was doing till she stopped the machine. "I like this." Onika decided and it looked like a slight narrow cup.

"What are you making?" Beyoncé asked and Onika turned to her, "It's a secret. I'll show you when it's done." Onika said grinning.

Micah watched Onika smile and talk, he found himself smiling too.

Beyoncé also found herself smiling as Onika attempted to explain to her how to use the Pottery wheel.
.
.
.

Beyoncé was sitting in the break room, she was bored. She heard the background noises around her but just decided to space out.

"Are you going to Chris party?" Robyn asked and Beyoncé snapped out of her previous day dream.

"Huh?" Beyoncé asked in confusion and Robyn say down in the break room with her. "You going to Chris party? This theme is glow in the dark. I told you a few weeks ago." Robyn said and Beyoncé nodded remembering.