𖥻 new year, new friends ?

( don't ghost read pls! mention of self harm )
♡ ۫ ، ݃ 🕸 𖥻 ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴏʀ ᴅɪᴇ !
⭒ ━━ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ ⨾ ✗ ʏᴀʀᴀ ʀᴜᴇ ᴇʟɪᴏᴛ ᴊᴜʟᴇꜱ
ᴇᴜᴘʜᴏʀɪᴀ . 𝚏𝗂𝖼  ࣪ 𓏲ּ ֶָ⬩💭 ִֶָ𖤐

it was the first day of school after the new year and I finally had everything I'd ever wished for

it was the first day of school after the new year and I finally had everything I'd ever wished for . Jules looked different and I love that, and then I saw her only for a moment and then him. shit, I totally forgot they go here now. if they mention anything about doing drugs I will literally slit their throats. not her tho, I might spare her life.

-

don't fuck up, don't fuck up, it's your first day of your new school and don't fuck up. what if I do? no, you can't it's the most easiest thing you could do. when yara was little her dad would always tell her if she ever got stuck in her head then it would be okay to cause a little pain, only a little. not to much but enough to snap her out of it. the rubber band that imprinted on her wrist gave her that way out, so she pull on it and feel the temporary pain. and it worked. she didn't know how he knew but he always did.

her dad was smart, handsome, brave and everything in between. so at this exact moment she wish he was here to hold her hand and say, "everything will be okay, as long I'm here. I won't go unless you're ready for me to go". instead of that, her hand stand empty in the middle of the January air and she remember that he isn't here anymore, and that scared her even more than this.

"hey, are you gonna walk or you wanna stand here" the blur of Elliot moved from her shoulder to her face. yara studied his face for a moment, she saw the small tattoos on his eye lids and the writing on the top of his forehead, the apple logo under his eye on his cheek bone. yara saw him as a beautiful creature who had no care in the world and lived off of weed and adderall.

yara showed off her smiled that made all of her face features light up and shined with her. "together?" yara hold out her hand to Elliot, he looked down and ponder several thoughts but then he grabbed her hand because that's what friends do, he felt as if he needed to hold her hand because she needed that, a gut feeling he had. he didn't wonder it he just did it.

the two walked into school, yara arm draped into eillot arm. he noticed all of the people, the girls and guys as well. yara noticed the glossy floor beneath her feet the gray lockers and seem to make the hallway brighter, the classroom doors that was station at least one feet apart from eachother. her eyes scan amongst every guy and girl, what are you looking for? yara didn't know what she was looking for - or whom. but something to fill her anxiety mind. Perhaps the girls she party with and connected a small bond between both of them. or that one girl who met in that small room with Eli, who shared nothing but stares and laughter.

and then she saw her, their eyes met briefly. yara breath hitched only for a moment and her head got clouded. it was clear that rue have this sort of affect on yara, they met briefly and shared a few words not enough to feel something perhaps it was the drugs they shared that night that made her think about her.

"I think I see rue" Elliot stated, yeah I see her too. "rue!" Elliot shouted. Elliot waved at the curly headed girl while she seems not so pleased to see us.

"rue? I said I love you" Jules repeated, rue was so distracted by yara gaze that she didn't hear her girlfriend say the only words that should be meaningfully to her.

please don't say anything, please don't say anything. "I love you too" rue smiled briefly, the duo came closer. rue glances at eillot and then yara. "what's going on ?" Elliot questions, yara stood there observing.  she remembered she danced with the girl with short blonde hair who was now standing in front of her, Jules glances at yara and smiled. rue eyes darken and her stance stand distant from the conversation, eillot expression was confused, yara observes the conversation her arm still linked to Elliot's.

"hi I'm Jules, we met the night of the party" Jules gestures to yara, rue and elliot turn their heads at yara strangely. rue eyes narrowed and she became more aware of the conversation.

"y'all two met before?" rue gesture her finger between jules and yara. yara eyed jules only for a moment she saw Jules demeanor change, suddenly she looked sad and heartbroken.

"uh yeah, um I'll catch you later. bye rue" Jules spoke abruptly and left quickly. yara heard jules voice crack in million different ways and it went un-notice by rue and Elliot. rue didn't felt a need to stay so she left shortly after jules, "you like her" eillot questioned, yara glances at eillot and back at to the girls bathroom, where jules disappeared into.

"and you like rue but you don't hear me saying that" yara clapped back, eillot fumbled with his words but he didn't denied it. eillot was still new to yara friendship but saw how much observant she is, nothing un-notice goes pass her.

eillot smirked and stood behind yara, his breath touching strands of yara's hair . "then why are you looking for her" eillot whispered , it wasn't clear who she was looking for or why she felt the need to look for her. Jules was sad and yara felt like she needed to comfort her.

something deep down made yara go after her, determined for some strange reason. the girls bathroom was spacious and nothing like the bathrooms in mercy west, big rectangular mirrors that ran across the the entire wall, The bathroom was painted in pastels colors like it made it seems it was strange out from a movie. not a lot of girls came into the bathroom since classes had already started.

Jules came out of the stall with stained cheeks and her hair was disheveled, she stopped in her tracks and suddenly in yara mind this became a bad idea. it was only the two of them but the silence was so loud that it could be hundreds of girl here and they wouldn't even known it.

"I was just checking up- how do you know rue?

lie , why? I have no reason to lie . just do it, it's better for everybody. but that makes me into a liar. you was with rue, doing drugs. so lie. no, I was there but...

"uh, at the party on New Years. we met briefly, Elliot; my friend know her better I guess." yara spoke truthfully, Jules nodded her head and sheepishly look down at her feet, was she jealous ?

"sorry about that, I'm Jules" Jules properly introduce herself. yara hadn't met nobody like Jules; someone who seems innocent but can turn around and be a menace.

Jules and yara exchange phone numbers, yara had a feeling that she would be seeing Jules more often and this wouldn't be the last conversation. yara was already late to first period and eillot was blowing up her phone, asking her where she went. it was her first day of school and she already made a bad impression today, her brain was fried and overworked and she barely did anything. she needed a break from her thoughts.

so she stayed in the girls bathroom, she smoked a little of weed and then some more until the point her eyes became blood shot red and her words became a slur. as she was about smoke a another rue walked in, rue stopped herself in her tracks she watched the girl intensely gliding her tongue on the paper.

rue was a incredibly shy person, she didn't have the balls to talk to anyone without being under the influence. but with yara the words came out like butter, "you know you can get in trouble right ? For smoking on school property" rue mentioned, her throat becomes suddenly dry. her hands became moist in her pockets.

"well, at the moment... I don't care" yara lazily smiled, her actions was slow and impulsive. "but I'm not going too. it's for later" yara moved at a slow pace, in her head she thought she was already by the door but she was half way there. rue stopped her, surprisingly rue hands is soft for a drug addict.

"You might wanna take eye drops, your eyes are extremely red" rue let out a dry chuckle. yara was so dazed out of that she didn't have the urge to say anything, but only stare at rue.

why am I still holding her hand? feels like fucking forever. should I let go ? the bell rang and then yara was gone.

-