Chapter 7

"What's wrong?" Noticing the quick switch in my mood Karthik asked.

Gazing at the dark blue sky, raising my arm towards it with a little smile I replied, '' I wanna fly. ''

"It's gonna cost a lot,'' Even though Karthik is being sarcastic I couldn't laugh as I didn't get his joke, turned my dumb face to him and noticed he's staring at me with pitiful eyes.

"You didn't get it...right?" Karthik asked worrisomely, nodded my head in return.

Covering his face with both of his hands, "ahhhh... I'm really worried about your future,'' started crying.

"Why are crying? And what future?" I asked Pulling out his hands off his face.

"Let's go back to room, I need to teach you some lessons,'' wiping out his teary eyes he replied and directed his hand forward patting me with another one.

I have hard time understand sarcastic jokes, Karthik worried about my future as if those got something to do with my future bothered me. We walked back to our apartment with no words exchanged, my concentration was totally on the message I've received from Carla(The girl he met online).

As soon as I got back first thing I did is read the message.

Carla : '' It's fine and I'm sorry too.''

Wait she apologized?

I've assumed that there won't be a message from her, she didn't just send a message but also apologized which freaked me out than cheer me up.

"Raj let's-," I signed him to stop before completing and replied, '' let's talk later.'' Lied on bed to chat with Carla.

Rajesh : '' I wasn't in good mood so...."

Immediately I got a reply.

Carla : " What happened? "

I've already made-up my mind to not tell her what exactly happened, so I lied.

Rajesh : '' Just some family problems. ''

No stranger wants to involve themselves in family matters of others, that would be the best reason I could come up with.

Carla : '' Oh, that must be rough. I'm sorry ''

She bought it...

Rajesh : '' You don't need to. ''

Carla : '' Aren't you going to post Meena's painting. ''

What I've observed is that Carla's attention always turns to Meena's painting, what does she try to achieve? Is she someone close to Meena? My mind heating up with an ocean of questions. First thing there is for me to know the reason behind asking me to do it.

Rajesh : '' Why? "

Carla : '' It's so beautiful, and I promise that I won't threaten you again. ''

Even if she promises I shouldn't trust her yet, she's still a stranger who didn't even reveal herself to me, even so I'll believe in her for now.

Rajesh : '' Really? You won't? "

Carla : '' So you do feel that I'm threatening you.''

What does she tryna get into... Bewildered by her swap in subject, I fell for her trap.

Rajesh : '' No, you're not ''

Carla : '' But that's what you said yesterday tho ''

Rajesh : '' I already told you that I wasn't myself ''