The Protective Father

It was supposed to be a great day but here I am. Standing in a line full of my fellow gryffindors.

We were divided into two lines, one in front of Professor McGonagall, and the other in front of Professor Snape, my father.

Apparently we were caught for irresponsible drinking and smoking in the common room hence the inspection.

As if this day could get any worse, I was in the line where my father is responsible checking for. As I got closer to him I got very anxious knowing that my uniform is most likely full of alcohol and cigarette smoke scents from secondhand smoking and light drinking the night before.

We chatted with our friends in the line while holding our tie because the professors will sniff the tie to know whether if it smells of alcohol, cigarettes, or both.

"Next." I heard my father's voice nice and clear and hesitantly gave him my gryffindor tie for him to sniff. His face changed as soon as he sniffed the tie and oh dear this can't be good. He looked at me giving the concerned father look for a moment before starting a very long lecture on me about drinking and smoking in front of everyone which is very embarrassing to me at least.

"What is this? You know drinking is bad enough. Smoking? Are you serious? I'm very dissapointed in you, young lady... You're mother and I didn't raise you to be like this-"

He kept going on and on until I just can't take it no more.

"Stop." I said.

"What do you mean stop? These scents cant lie. I'm so disappointed in y-"

"Just stop!" I cut him off mid sentence. "You're embarrassing me in front of my friends! Don't you get it? It wasn't me who smoked it was someone else! The smoke you sniff of my tie was a secondhand smoke. And the alcohol. I didn't even drink that much. I was drinking responsibly!" I unconsciously raised my tone high and loud enough for the entire room to hear which doubled the embarrassment.

He did not stop talking throughout my ranting. The two of us were practically screaming words at each other. Hearing the chaos from the distance, McGonagall decided to take a closer look and told the other gryffindors to wait.

"What's happening here?" she asked.

My father tried to explain the scene and started his lecture yet again.

"That's it. I've heard enough!" I said as I started walking towards the door. Out of the room.

"Don't you dare turn your back on me, young miss." I heard him say in a higher tone. He never raised his tone on me. I would turn back to him, but I was just too embarrassed at this point to even look back.

"Ms. Snape! Come back here at once! Ms. Snape!" I can hear McGonagall calling me from afar but still that didn't stop me from walking out.

Ah, finally some fresh air. I walked through the empty corridors and reached the great hall where everyone else is enjoying their meal except for the gryffindors who were held back for the inspection.

I walked to a friend of mine. She's a hufflepuff and we ate lunch together. It was raining outside. The air was quite chilly and the sky was very dark.

Nevertheless we enjoyed our meal while talking about random things regarding our classes, friends, etc. The great hall remained warm despite the weather.

~^~^~

Shit. The next class will be transfiguration which means that I will have to face McGonagall.

Not to mention meeting the other gryffindors from my year. Wish I could've just obliviate everyone in that room.

I can't skip class and risk my scores. Especially being Snape's daughter, I have a lot of pressure on me. I need to excel in all my studies.