Chapter 2: Are You From Europe?

Chapter 2: Are You from Europe?

Violet's PoV

Mail. We had mail. In all of our years at our home, Fort Lumen, we had never had a single letter, postcard, or anything of the likes. But there they were, so plain:

Ms. Violet

Fort Lumen

Syracuse, NY

USA

Ms. Sarianna

Fort Lumen

Syracuse, NY

USA

Ms. Amarissa

Fort Lumen

Syracuse, NY

USA

"Girls!" I called, "There's something here! We've got mail!"

Sari walked over from the kitchen table. "Yeah, right. Nice joke, Vi. Wait, what're those?" She directed her finger towards the letters in my hand.

"Here," I passed hers over. I threw Amy's to her and ripped mine opened.

----------**********----------

Dear Miss Violet,

There are many things hidden about your past. You don't know who your family is or who was supposed to take care of you once your parents died. I am here to tell you some information.

Your parents names were Lily and James Potter. They were killed by a wizard, yes, wizard, named Voldemort. They were wizard and witch as well, and studied at a school by the name of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft an Wizadry. That is where we want you to study, as it is one of the safest locations on the Earth.

You have three godparents: Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Mae Chang. The daughter of Mae is a student at Hogwarts as well. Her name is Cho, and we trust that you will become great friends like your mothers were.

There are four living family members of yours: Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley, and Dudley Dursey. Petunia is your mother's sister and Vernon is her husband. Dudley is your cousin. Then there is Harry. Harry Potter. Harry is your twin brother.

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts. A school board member will come to get you very soon, and your brother will be with him. We hope to see you, Miss Sarianna Renaissance Black, and Miss Amarissa Regina Lupin at our school very soon.

Good day, Violet James Potter.

Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress

----------**********----------

I swapped looks with the girls and then, we all bolted outside. Coming towards us was a giant... flying car??

It landed, and out came a giant of a man. He had a great, shaggy beard and warm, friendly black eyes. Then, out came a boy of our age. He had a messy head of raven-black hair and electric, green eyes. He looked like my dad from the pictures... but had mom's eyes. I, on the other hand, had my mother's firey hair and my father's hazel eyes. It was... Harry. We were each others' half. Together, we screamed LILY AND JAMES POTTER'S KIDS!

"Harry?"

"Violet?"

"Call me Vi."

"Well, Vi then. Is it really you?"

"I'm Violet James Potter. You?"

"Harry James Potter. Dad must've been concieted, naming you AND me after him."

"Yep, probably,"

"You have a different accent. Are you from America?"

"You have a different accent. Are you from Europe?"

"Good point."

"I Know."

"Wow, maybe dad isn't the only concieted one in this family."

"Shut up!"

"Okay, geez. Do you have a scar?"

"Forehead, shaped like lightning. You?"

"Same."

"Cool."

"AHEM!" Sari and Amy interupted.

I sighed. "Harry, these are my best friends: Amarissa Regina Lupin and Sarianna Renaissance Black. Call them Amy and Sari, though."

"Hello Amy, Sari. Come on guys, Hagrid's waiting." He was right. Hagrid was in the car.

We silently climbed in. It wasn't an awkward silence, either. We were just enjoying the company of each other.