Chapter 9: And it all begins

First of all id like to say im soooo sorrrrryyy!! this update took like 2 weeks.. ive had 5 exams so the revision was hardcore! i swear updates will e really regularly. I'd be greatful if you could help promote my story aswell?

Feel free to message me anything!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Stunned I walked into biology class. I still didn't know what had just happened. Why had Cole just walked away like that? As I walked to my seat I felt the questioning gaze of Aidan’s on me, and still felt it when I sat down.

 It was beginning to get irritating, but I ignored it. He's question would be one I couldn’t answer. I pulled out my notebook and began doodling around the edges of a clean sheet. The droning of the teacher in the background sounded far away. I didn't care about the human anatomy right now. There was only one thing on my mind.

 Cole.

Finally the bell signalling the lessons end went, and as I gathered my things I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to face Aidan.

"Do you know where Cole is?" But I didn't understand, how was I meant to know? It wasn't like we were bestfriends or anything.

"No" I answered.

"I thought he was walking you to class?"

"He walked me half way then… went somewhere" I shrugged at the end, leaving out the Felicity details. I didn't want to talk about it.

I looked up into Aidan’s deep green questioning eyes. Why was he looking at me like that?

Just as he was about to speak up again, we heard shouts and squeals coming from the hallway. We walked out through the classroom door to see a whole crowd of students surging towards the main entrance. It took me a while to recognise the names that were being shouted.

"Cole!!!"

"Tyler!!"

"Collleee!!"

"Tyllleerr!!"

Within a second Aidan hand grabbed my arm and was dragging me through the crowd.

The cold winter air hit my cheeks when we finally got outside. It felt like bliss, after being squashed through countless sweaty bodies. To the left near the car park another crowd had formed in a circle. It didn't take a genius to recognise what was going on. Aidan continued the drag me until we came to a standstill right at the front of the crowd.

 Cole and Tyler were in a tight clinch, throwing punches from every angle. Skye was shouting for Cole to stop, but her pleas fell on deaf ears. She jumped in the middle but Cole shoved her to the floor without giving her a second look.  I looked up to Aidan expecting him to stop the situation, but he was standing there arms folded across his broad chest smirking, like it was the funniest this in the world.

 I on the other hand watched in horror as the bloody battle continued, until some called Coles name and he immediately paused. It wasn't until he whipped his head round to face me, that I realised I'd said it. As I brought my hand to my mouth, I saw Tyler’s red stained fist come swinging for Cole, while his attention was elsewhere.

"Duck!" I screamed and Cole did just that. Tyler went stumbling trying to catch himself, so I quickly searched the crowd, seeing Kianna and gave her the universal head sign for come over. She understood what I meant straight away and rushed to Tyler’s side dragging him away.