um

arabella mclean

i walked down the street with my sister anastasia beside me. we were heading home from school. in silence. she turned and looked at me. "bella, why?" she asked. i knew exactly what she was talking about. the fight. "ana, she was starting shit abo-" i was cut off. "yeah, yeah, about you and kurt." kurt was one of my friends in school, and sophie had started a rumor about us. "you're saying it like I shouldn't have done anything." she stopped and looked at me with a look of utter disgust. "you could've told the principal. you didn't have to fight her." i decided not to respond, knowing that being as smart as she was, she would end up winning this argument. my chocolate brown hair was tied high, with my tattooed choker around my neck. my short sleeved grey shirt showed some of my stomach, while my high waisted black leggings hid it a little. on my feet were my black doc martens. i didn't wear any makeup. i didn't care. my usually tan skin looked pale, making my dark colored eyes pop. it was january. anastasia on the other hand, wore her pink long sleeved shirt, covering all of the skin on her arms. her light brown hair was in a braid, and her naturally pale skin made her green eyes stand out. her high waisted skinny jeans fit her well, as she wore her sparkling ugg boots. if we never tell you, you can never notice that we're twins. "if you hadn't stopped the fight, I could've beat her face in." i mumbled just loud enough for her to hear. "if collette, faith, and I hadn't stopped the fight, you would be suspended!" she yelled as we reached our doorstep. our mother didn't waste a second to open the door before we got there. "get into the house. both of you." she gritted between her teeth. we walked into the house as she slammed the door shut, turning around to face me, the anger being seen in her eyes. "a fight? really arabella?" she screamed, reaching her hands up to her hair. "mom, you don't underst-" i was cut off. " i don't understand? you cannot just get into a fight like that!" anastasia tried to sneak up to her room but mom stopped her. "anastasia, you better get back here to see if your sister's side is accurate." she emphasized the word "accurate" as if i've lied before. i haven't. "arabella, explain." she said sternly. "sophie made up a rumor about kurt and i. it isn't very appropriate, mother." i said, not meaning for it to be as sarcastic as it was. "and so you decided to fight her?" she asked. "well yes. isn't that why we're having this conversation? because of a fight?" i responded. "couldn't you have just gone to the principal?" she asked. "no." i said before storming up to my room. anastasia and my mother are the same. my father and i are the same. too bad my father left us when anastasia and i were 3. now im alone, with them.