cuatro

arabella mclean

i got to school just as the bell was ringing. collette stood outside, motioning for me to hurry up. the violin stayed at rose's house. my eyes were still red from crying.

"ara! why'd you take so long?" collette asked as i caught up to her.

"i was with rose. the usual." i said, out of breath from running. collette knew about my encounters with rose, only collette.

"you've been crying. what happened at rose's house?" she asked sternly.

"you'll see soon enough." i responded.

collette and i ran into the school just as my calculus teacher showed up to yell at us about it.

"late again, mclean?" she said, eyeing me up and down.

"it seems so." i said grabbing collette's hand and pushing through her.

i sat in all of my classes anxious for lunch. faith would come and bring that alexander kid to meet me.

"hey babe." i heard from behind me. i automatically recognized his voice. it was james.

"what do you want, james?" i said, turning around ignorantly.

"ana's lookin' for ya." he said, making sure he made me cringe at every word he tried to abbreviate.

i rolled my eyes at him and walked away, to try and find anastasia. i saw her looking around the cafeteria, along with faith and some boy. i assumed that would be alexander. her eyes lit up as she spotted me.

"bella! over here!" she screamed, motioning to herself. i walked over, and saw faith coming closer, with alexander.

"so arabella, this is alexander. the boy i told you about." she said motioning to him.

"hi arabella. that's a beautiful name you have." alexander said while giving me a cute smile.

what am i even talking about? he's not cute.

"well, hi there alexander, and thanks for the compliment." i said shooting him a smile, showing my teeth. i rarely do that.

"do you mind if i call you ara?" he asked, seeming a bit shy.

"only if you let me call you alex." i said shooting him a wink.

what am i even doing?

"well here's my number, ara. i'm going out to lunch. call me sometime." he said, handing me a slip of paper.

"thank you alex. i'll call you." i said before walking in the different direction as him.

then i ran.

a/n: hi lovelies!! sorry i haven't updated often!! also sorry that this one's so short, but i promise they'll get much longer.
thanks so much, and love you all.
-maryxoxo