dois

arabella mclean

"arabella!"

my mother called for me as i pulled down the stairs from the ceiling, revealing my room. or as everyone else liked to call it, the "attic". i immediately pulled the staircase up as she got near me. i called my best friend collette halman, knowing she could comfort me.

"aye, ara, what's up?" her voice seemed tired.

"did i wake you up? i'm sorry if i did." my voice shaking, as i tried not to cry.

"ara, it's fine. are you crying?" she asked very concerned.

"yeah, i am. my mom and anastasia are mad about the whole fight thing. my mom almost murdered me as i walked into the house."

"hey, don't worry about it kiddo. one day they'll see that there is a method to your madness." she said, giggling at the end.

"that made me feel so much better about myself." i said giggling as well. she always knew how to make me laugh. i heard a faint knock on the door.

"collette, i gotta go, i'll talk to you at school tomorrow?" i asked, already knowing the answer.

"see you then, babe." she said as i shut off my phone.

"hold on, the stairs are coming down." i said just loud enough for the person below me to hear. the stairs hit the ground with a thud. at the bottom was anastasia and my other best friend, faith andrews.

"bella, i know you're mad at me bu-" anastasia tried to finish but i interrupted her.

"get both of your asses over here." i said before shooting them a smile. faith had a notepad and a pen in her hands.

"what are the materials for?" i asked before they took their first step.

"oh nothing, i was just at the library, and then ana called me, and well, now i'm here." something was up. i decided to ignore it. i nodded and let them into my room. anastasia immediately closed the staircase and turned on the light.

"pull over a chair, bella." she said sternly. never had i ever seen her like this.

"shouldn't i be the one telling you to help yourself in my room?" i asked while pulling three chairs over. one for each of us.

"arabella, i want to ask you some questions." faith said getting her pen ready to write on her notepad. not this again. she's now going to interrogate me on why i fought sophie. i stared at her with a blank face. she took that as a sign to continue.

"why did you fight sophie?"

"because she spread a certain rumor about kurt and i."

"was this true?" what kind of question was that?

"well no, if it's a rumor, then it's not true." she rolled her eyes at my comment.

"have you always disliked sophie?"

"i despise her. always have."

"why?" that question got me. why did i hate sophie?

"well, uh, i-i-" faith interrupted me.

"you don't know do you?" she looked at me sternly

"no i don't. but that doesn't mean that i can't hate her." i said.

"arabella, you need friends." she's going crazy. i don't need anymore friends.

"i already have friends. i have kurt, collette, anastasia, and you." i said feeling hurt.

"there's a new kid down the street. he'll be starting at our school tomorrow. he's from high green, in the uk. his name's alexander turner." she said as she opened the staircase and left with anastasia.

•~•~•~•
a/n:
hello lovelies!! the first chapter was just a filler chapter really, so thats why it isn't in paragraph form. if you guys have any questions, just comment and i'll try my best to answer them. thanks so much!!
-maryxox