II

A novel once said "We seem to have been designed for each other" implying that humans aren't destined for any other reason than to fall in love. Love. A noun that instantly refers to betrayal within my brain and not because someone happened to be unfaithful towards me but because, I simply can't believe in love. As to me love doesn't exist. Love is just a fragmented part of the human brain, pressuring you to feel something towards another, in doing so causing your mind to become clouded and unfocused therefore stopping you from reaching what you're truly destined for. I believe that when people say they're in love they've happened to step into a lake of sorrows, as all love will bring is despair and woe. You're probably thinking that I refuse to love because once I was so poorly hurt, but matter of fact is I've never been in love at all. I think it's extremely tedious, arrogant and pointless. Humans, from an early age are compelled to believe in love. A love, which you will fall so deeply and completely, where a knight in shining armour will jump of his horse and save the fair maiden. However, if this has happened to you then I'm sorry to say you've fallen in love with the idea of being in love as a man is not put on this Earth to save a woman. A woman can save herself. Love is a complete lie and a waste of time. A distraction, something to keep you occupied when you're not following the right path. Love is love. Tedious, arrogant and pointless.

My body jumped slightly at the sound of the alarm clock an annoyingly chirpy song at six o'clock in the morning. I closed my book '1984' by George Orwell, my bare feet touching the coldness of the wooden floor where a thin line of sun escaped from the gap between my curtains - stretched out across the cold wooden floor.

28th August 2015.

The day I went back to the Intensive Espionage Training Institute. From August to March, I attend a institute in the South of Wales that specialises in obtaining those with powerful gifts a higher education through general lessons as well as lessons within specific gifts. During your sixteenth birthday - or in my case, fifteenth, you have a ceremony in which a gift of the five elements finds you. As well as being placed on the side of Hunters or Protectors.

Fire, water, air, nature and spirit. If you found yourself to be capable of fire you were able to heat things intensely whilst also being capable of starting and enduring fires. If you are in control of water you were able to make water float just by a mere point of a finger. Air - my most favoured gift. You were able to control the wind and anything within the air. Nature you were able to control everything nature touches so the soil, trees, plants as well as the weather. I always found the gift of nature to be typically boring. However, they're few known celebrities here in our world who control the nature gift. Spirit was known to be the scariest of them all. A Hunter or Protector in control of Spirit, which has not happened in over one hundred years is able to control all elements combined - doing so, being the post powerful Hunter or Protector there is.

My gift is Fire. People always said it matched my fiery personality. I have being attending the institute since my fifteenth birthday when my mother moved to Africa leaving me to live with my eccentric Aunt Martha who clearly couldn't handle my so called 'bad behaviour'. I hadn't exactly done anything 'bad', I just may have accidentally set her back garden on fire two or three times when my gift was first coming through - much earlier than intended. My Mother and Father both attended the institute at the correct age of sixteen with my mum assigned to be a Protector and my Father a Hunter. It was rare having parents from different clans, extremely rare to be precise and in some regions it being considered treason. My Aunt Martha told me my parents met during the Institute where they had similar lessons and slowly fell in love. Although, I don't believe that as I don't believe a Hunter can truly fall in love with a Protector. Thankfully on the 2nd April 1998 my Mother conceived a lovely ray of sunshine that is me at the early age of nineteen whilst living in my Father's hometown of Stalingrad in Russia. I was always told I look like a miniature version of my Mother, with identical blue eyes and the same long dark aurbun hair.