The End of a Great Journey

Shanqüii was patrolling his sector. There were reports of a Demon in the area. The rain made it no better at trying to find this Demon. As Shanqüii rounded the corner he spotted the Demon walking in the middle of the street.

The Demon spotted him to and took out funny looking blades that were positioned over its arms and elbows.

With a sudden realization, Shanqüii whipped his own blade from its holster by his side and spun to face his enemy. The Demon was no longer standing in the middle of the street. Instead he was standing just before Shanqüii.

Shanqüii threw back his head and let out a bloodcurdling cry, filling the street with rageful cries of hate. Then he pulled his sword up to his shoulder and took a step towards the Demon. But something was wrong. He tried again, his mind confused and rebelling against his apparent immobility. He remained motionless.

Horror sank slowly into Shanqüii's soul as he realized that he had finally ended his walk on the blessed path. He looked down at his own chest and watched the intricate web of cuts and slices that laced his body gradually expand as blood started to seep out of them. He watched his sword splash and clatter to the ground, his severed arm still clutching its hilt. The very last thing Shanqüii saw was a puddle of his own blood lapping against the armored foot of the Demon as his head crashed down into the expanding pool of blood.

The Demon continued its walk down the street, as if nothing had happened.