The Day I Met You.

Makarri roughly plops down on the couch, days of exhaustion finally catching up to her pace, As her head hits the lint covered pillows. Being on the track team has been her dream since she was seven years old. She was always fast, she did everything fast. She signed fast she thought fast, but even then, theres always one thing that slowed down her fast tempo and that happened to be Druig. Ever since she met him sitting alone in the library seemingly in a world of his own she’s been completely enamored.
  It was a per chance meet, she was coming back from her english class. First day of 3rd grade when her eyes caught something shiny. She followed the slight glimmer into the library but as quickly as she had seen it, it disappeared. Following her line of sight to the last place she saw it was a boy, he had dark hair and shiny blue eyes. She wondered what he was doing alone. But being the confident creature that she is she walked right up to him. “Hey” she signed. The boy looked up at her, confusion danced across his face as he looked up at her. “Hello” he signed. Makkari’s face lit up with the fact that he could understand her. “Why are you by yourself?” she asked. He considered her question, “I like being alone.” Makarri’s face dimed slightly “but you can stay”.
  Ever since then it was Makarri and Druig against the world. "Kari?" She's pulled out of her thoughts by a familiar calming voice. Are you okay? Yeah sorry, did you ask something? How'd practice go? "Great. Our first meet of the season is on Saturday". "I'll  be there". "I  know" She  smiled at him, just as brightly as she had all those years ago. "What were you thinking about?" "The first time we met". "Best  day of my life" " you were so cute with your short hair and bangs" "I could say the same to you my beautiful beautiful Makkari" " Your such a flirt" she signs while simultaneously rolling her eyes. "Yeah but you love me for it"