Chapter 20

26th December 2020,

Friday,

7 pm,

~Truths~

*Annie's POV*

After catching Hayden and Matt whispering to each other, I demanded to know what they were talking about. Hayley tried to warn me not to do it but I was too adamant to listen and now I'm sitting on my bed lounging in sweats and watching sappy rom-coms. I've been in my room since I had breakfast. Hayden tried messaging me but I just left his messages on read.

Someone knocks on my door and I just ignore it. They knock again and i finally decide to let them in, "Come in".

They open the door and it's Hayley along with Kenzie. Both of them walk in and Kenzie holds up two bags of food.

"I brought Chinese" she says coming over to where I'm sitting and plops next to me.

"Thanks Kenz" I say grabbing the bags from her. Hayley puts the plates down beside me and takes a seat opposite us.

Hayley opens the boxes and I get the smell of all my favourite dishes. In one small box there are fortune cookies. All of us grab one each and break them in half.

"You will stumble into the happiness of your life"  I read mine out loud

"To truly find yourself, you should play hide and seek alone." Hayley reads hers and mumbles something inaudible that we chose to ignore.

"This is rubbish" Hayley mutters and crumples her paper up, throwing it across the room.

"Mine says A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't." Kenz says while reading hers out loud.

I put on What A Girl Wants  while we continue eating. Once our food is finished we all take turns changing into our pjs and then hit un-pause and continue watching the movie.

After the movie was over we all hudled around each other like we were a bunch of high school girls gossiping.

"Alright, what's wrong?" Kenz questions.

"Remember the Christmas Eve party all of us had attended?" I ask phrasing my words slowly.

"Yeah..." she says, silently waiting for my answer

"I know what happened" I blurt it out. "I heard Matt and Hayden whispering to each other and demanded to know what was going on." I tell her, a silent tear slipping out of my eye.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry." She whispers and pulls me into a hug

"I hate him Kenz. Why did he have to cheat on me?" I question her, by now more tears had started falling from my eyes.

"Am I not that pretty anymore?" I ask sniffing.

"You are the most beautiful woman I know inside out." Kenz reassures me rubbing my back.

"She's right Ann's. Everybody keeps on saying what a beautiful soul you are." Hayley chimes in.

"Thank you guys. I needed a girls night." I say sniffing.