8

The uncle and niece proceeded to do their ritual in a wide area in Antonio's enormous room. The young Sanchez stayed in a distance from them, far enough that she couldn't hear what they were talking about.

After Bruno made an outline of sand around them, they sat and chatted for a little bit. Antonio handed him an animal plush for the nerves and (y/n) found the gesture extremely cute.

The little boy went back and settled beside the girl, leaning his head against her arm.

"Aw, you adorable, little breadstick."

"Breadstick?" Antonio giggled at the nickname.

"Don't question it, Mr. Antonio." She tickled his neck which made him chuckle.

The wind blew harshly around them as a dome of sand formed on Mirabel and Bruno. The two outside of the circle held onto each other.

"(y/n), can you be my sister?"

"But don't you already have a sister?"

"Can't I have two?"

"Of course! I can be your sister if you want."

"Does that mean you're gonna marry Camilo?"

The young Sanchez choked on air. "Wh-what?"

"He's been telling me stories of you two from when you were younger."

"Really?" Heat ran up to her cheeks.

"Uh huh!"

"I mean, they did say that children never lie."

"And the rats told me they could hear him last night, talking to himself in the mirror. They said he was making up romantic scenarios about you."

She chuckled as she imagined him doing just that. "What a goof. I think you just revealed his biggest secret!"

The pressure of the wind grew stronger and the two glanced over to Bruno and Mirabel who were now standing and seemingly following something inside the dome of sand.

Soon after, all the sand fell onto the ground and the uncle was holding the newly formed vision with a look of uncertainty.

"Is it done?" (y/n) cheerfully jogged over to them, Antonio's little hand in hers. "So what did you see?! I'm so excited!"

Bruno and Mirabel looked at each other before turning to (y/n), worry written all over their faces. Her huge smile slowly disappeared.

Mirabel looked unsure of what she was supposed to say but eventually spoke. "(y/n), if something happens to Casita, just run. Get out and run, okay?"

"What? Is- is there something bad that will happen to me?"

"We saw you... unconscious. Your head was bleeding. I- I don't know if you were..."

'Dead.' The young Sanchez thought as her eyes found the floor, Antonio's grip on her hand tightened. Her face was blank but her mind was in shambles.

What will her father do? Will he be burdened with even more responsibility? How will Mateo handle it? And Camilo, what about their future?

"Just leave if something happens, please?" Mirabel pleaded, worrying about her friend.

"I'm afraid you can't do anything about it. It's- it's the future and it's bound to happen. You can't change it." Bruno sadly looked away.

His guilt filled his head as he thought of the numerous times he was told that he was a curse. He makes bad things happen and this was a proof of it. He blamed himself.

"We have to at least try." The four-eyed girl added.

"Don't worry, I'll be sure to get out of here if anything happens." She reassured her.

It's who she was, not wanting others to worry about her. Not wanting to be a luggage that everyone has to carry.

The three left the little boy's room with heavy hearts but they had a mission to accomplish in order to save the miracle. When Mirabel said that she had to hug Isabela, (y/n) grimaced. She didn't even know it was possible for them to touch each other at all.

She left them as they hid by the potted plants to look for Camilo. She didn't know if she should tell him about the prophecy. She told him that everything was going to be alright, but was it really?

(y/n) wanted to stay with her father and little brother. She wanted to be by Camilo's side. She didn't wish to die for she still had many things she desired to do.

But she also knew that there was no escape from Bruno's visions. It will happen and she only wondered how.

Going downstairs, the young Sanchez found the person she was looking for, scanning around for his cousin and his best friend.

She tapped his shoulder and he turned around to meet the (e/c) eyes he had always loved.

"Hermosa," he took her hand. "I was looking for you."

"Sorry, Camilo. I went to find Mirabel upstairs but she wasn't there."

"She must be here somewhere."

(y/n) gave his hand a squeeze. "Don't worry, I'm sure she's fine. Maybe, she just needed some time to think. She was in Tío Bruno's vision so it must be hard for her to wrap her head around it just yet."

"You're right." He smiled as he rubbed his palm on his nape. They both started walking towards the empty kitchen. "So... tonight was really bad, huh?"

"It's not even dark out yet. You never know, something even worse might happen." She whispered the last sentence.

"Hm?"

"N-nothing." The young Sanchez cleared her throat. "Tonight was odd, but I'm glad I got to spend it with you."

Camilo's cheeks burned up at her comment. "Oh. I'm really happy that you're here, too." He gave her a genuine smile.

She felt her chest tighten, remembering what was seen in the new vision. She might never be able to see that expression in his face again and she hated it. She wanted to live and see that very smile everyday.

She placed both hands to his cheeks softly. "Keep smiling like that. I like it."

His eyes widened in surprise at what he heard. He gently wrapped his arms around her waist and did as he was told. "Okay. Anything for mi princesa."

Ruckus from outside the kitchen was heard by the two teenagers so they rushed to see what it was. They saw different, colorful plants everywhere, Isabela and Mirabel laying down on a bed of petals.

"You're a bad influence." The two sisters giggled.

(y/n) grinned at how happy Isabela was at the moment.

"What is going on?!"