Epilogue

Those three words were enough to shatter his heart into pieces.

His eyes widened as he stared at her, though she was barely visible because of the dark.

He couldn't utter a word. He was left speechless, he did not even know what to think.

It was quiet until the girl finally spoke again.

"Um, if you're not here to kill me, can you turn on the lights, please? I can't see anything and my head's pounding like crazy." (y/n) requested.

"O-oh, uh," Camilo scrambled for the switch of the lamp on the bedside table.

The dim light illuminated the room. (y/n) took a good look at the boy beside her.

She smiled warmly. "Camilo, it's you."

"Wait, you remember me?" He enthusiastically asked.

"Of course, silly. I just couldn't recognize you because it's so dark in here." She chuckled but felt a sharp pain on her head. "Ack!"

"Oh! Here, hermosa," he held a plate of arepas towards her and helped her sit up. "Tía Julieta made sure to cook these for you everyday in case you wake up."

Her heart melted at the thought. She took a bite of the delicious food and immediately felt so much better. "So good! Tía Julieta, you are a life saver. Literally!"

Camilo laughed at his best friend who had a mouth full of food, her cheeks puffing out. He smiled in content.

(y/n) noticed some flowers beside her and a lot of 'get well soon' cards. One had animal drawings in it which she immediately recognized as Antonio's. She made a mental note to read all of them later.

When the girl had finished eating, she glanced at the Madrigal who was already staring at her with guilt-filled eyes.

She reached out to squeeze his cheeks. "You know, I feel a lot better knowing that you're okay."

His expression softened. "Thank you for saving me that day."

Camilo pulled (y/n)'s arms over his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face on her neck. "I'm really... really happy you're awake."

She basked in his warmth as she held him tight. "Yeah, you definitely have a crush on me."

The boy instantly pulled away with evident blush on his freckled cheeks. "You ruined the mood."

"Did I? I thought I made it better." She sent a cheeky smile his way.

"What I think is that you need more of Tía Julieta's food because you hit your head too hard." He said, feeding her the snack.

(y/n) laughed as she chewed and swallowed. "By the way, how long have I been out?"

"Almost three weeks."

"Three weeks?!" Her eyes widened in surprise and the young Madrigal nodded. "What happened? What did I miss?"

"Well, Casita was completely wrecked after the incident. Mirabel was all 'there's still hope' and I was like 'not if we don't have a house' because, obviously, how will we live without a house? We can't just be homeless! Then Bruno magically appeared. With a horse! With Abuela!"

(y/n) smiled at Camilo who told her so much about what had happened in the past few weeks.

And since they were too happy to sleep, the two teenagers decided to talk all through out the night under the shining stars.

"Hi, mariposa." Camilo greeted with his curly hair bouncing in every step he took.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of the Camilo Madrigal's visit?" She grinned. She was hanging the laundry just outside their house.

"Just wanted to annoy my favorite person in the world."

"Hmm, I wonder who that could be." She shrugged.

"Oh, you know her very well." He held a smug grin, sarcasm laced in his voice.

"Camilo, don't you have people to entertain?" (y/n) asked, pulling a white shirt from the basket.

It has been a year since she woke up and Encanto was back to its perfect self.

"But I wanna hang out with mi princesa." He replied with confidence, taking the girl's hand and pulling her close.

"I have chores, Señorito Romantico Camilo." She snorted as she removed herself from him and hang a blanket in front of his face.

Camilo moved the cloth out of the way and was met by the prettiest face he had ever seen. He melted on the spot.

"You're so beautiful." He said, admiring her.

"Where is this coming from?" She giggled.

"I just wanted to remind you, hermosa." Camilo smirked as he stared at her (e/c) eyes.

"Stop staring." She flicked his forehead which made him yelp.

"But I like looking at you."

"Oh, yeah? What else do you like about me?"

"I like your eyes. And your smile, your sense of humor. Your kindness."

"That's-"

"I like you."

The young Madrigal and the young Sanchez froze with their eyes widened and faces flushed.

Butterflies swarmed in her stomach. His heart quickened its pace. The white blanket swayed with the wind.

"I-is that a confession?" (y/n) shyly said, turning away from the boy.

Camilo took a deep breath and cupped her face and guided her to look at him. "I like you, (y/n)."

Her face turned red the second time. It felt surreal hearing it from the boy she loved since they were little.

She pulled on his collar and placed a quick peck on his soft lips. It left Camilo frozen in place with a flustered expression.

She took the laundry basket and jogged to her house with the biggest smile etched on her face.

Camilo stood there in shock, bringing his fingers up to his lips.

"She stole my first kiss." He whispered. He ran after her in realization. "Hey! You better return that kiss you stole!"

Camilo Madrigal and (y/n) Sanchez, the inseparable pair, as the townspeople would call them.

They were always by each other's side as children. But now, they will always be in each other's hearts.

Camilo and (y/n) were two young people in love.

The End.

<3