The Stark Children

TW - Mentions of abuse

Contrary to popular belief, Tony and Nat did know each other before she was sent to spy on him. Now I know what you must be thinking, readers, "What the hell are you talking about?". Well, let's just back up and I'll tell you all about it.

Eight-year-old Tony Stark, his parents and his Aunt Peggy Carter had been in Russia to see if there were any new materials for weapon building.  While playing in the snow, Tony had seen a flash of red hair.

"Hello? Who's there?" Little Tony asked, as he started making a working car with the snow.

"I'm Natalia Alianovna Romanoff, I'm six years old, who are you?" A little girl stepped out of the bushes and said in a mild Russian accent.

"Why should I tell you?"

"I told you my name! It's only fair!" The girl, Natalia, exclaimed

"If I tell you, will you help me with my car?"

"Yeah!!" Natalia said

"Okay! I'm Anthony Edward Stark, I'm eight! But you can call me Tony!" Tony said

"Hi Tony! Why are you in Russia?" Natalia asked

"My dad owns the weapon company, Stark Industries. He's here to see if there's any new materials. I'm here cause I was dragged along. What are you doing here?" Tony said, rolling his eyes as he built the engine.

"I ran away from my... home, the Red Room. They weren't very nice so I ran away, my adopted sister is still there but I can't get her right now, her name's Yelena. I've been in the woods for a couple hours." Natalia said as she built wheels and handed them to Tony.

"I, uh, I'm not sure what to say to that. I'm not very good with the emotional stuff, but I'm sure it'll be okay." Tony said, putting an arm around Natalia.

Natalia let out a laugh, "Don't worry about the feelings stuff, I have that covered. Thanks though."

Tony started laughing, "Hey Nat, you can come with me and my family! I'm sure they'll love to have you!" he offered, as he rolled the car.

"I'd love to!" Nat said, watching as the car started working as it rolled down the hill of snow.

Tony stood up and held out a hand to Natalia, she took it and the two friends ran back to Tony's parents and aunt.

"Mama! Mama! Can Natalia stay with us?" Tony said, pulling Nat from behind him.

'Where did you find her?" Tony's mother, Maria, asked in Italian as she gave a smile to Natalia.

"I was playing in the snow and she helped me build a car. She doesn't have a home, we need to help her!" Tony answered in Italian. "Come on, Mama, please! She's really nice and has nowhere else to go!"

Peggy came from behind Maria and looked at the situation. "Hi, what's your name? How old are you?" Peggy asked Natalia.

"I'm Natalia Alianovna Romanof, miss. I'm six years old."

"Well, Natalia, I like your hair." Peggy answered, giving the girl a smile. "Hey, Tonio, why don't you and Natalia go get one of your toys?" Peggy said to Tony

"Okay, Zia Peggy, come on Nat! I have these..." Tony's voice faded away as Nat and him ran away, laughing.

"Peggy, what do we do? She's harmless but she's a stranger. Plus, what's Howard going to say?" Maria stressed