47

#BSTFwp

Napatigil kami nang marinig ang boses nung driver. "Ma'am nandito na po." We're already in front of his condominium.

I gulp, shuffling in my seat. I look over to see his gaze right on me—lingering. Why does my tongue feel stuck? I breathe in. My heart flips around my chest as that smile grows on his lips.

"Goodnight?" His voice is honey-laced.

My breath hitches. Hindi ako maka-sagot agad.

His mouth curves into a smile. Mason opens the door and proceeds to head out. I hear the sound of the door closing the door behind him, his figure walking away from the car.

Goodnight.

Goodnight?

This is goodnight?

Unti-unting nagsimulang umandar ang kotse nang mapasigaw ako. "Wait lang, kuya!" I exclaim.

I move to open the door, rushing out of the car. His back is faced towards me as he continues to walk towards the glass doors.

"Mason!" tawag ko. My heart quickens in pace. I can't believe I'm doing this. I don't know what rationale I had to get out of that car and chase him down, all I know is that the night couldn't end like this.

He turns, hearing me call out his name.

I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him in the spur of the moment. My heart feels as if it's beating out of my chest—out of happiness and sheer thrill. His hand quickly makes its way around my waist, gently lifting me. My stomach does a round of somersaults. This light feeling engulfs me. I pull away as my feet touched the ground. God, this smile might be permanently etched on my face.

My hands stay at the base of his nape—eyes looking at his and nowhere else. There's really only one thing on my mind. And I might be crazy for it. But this is the one time I want to act without thinking about anyone else for a moment.

Anyone but us.

I stand on my toes. My heart is pounding against my chest. His eyes lower on my lips, seeing me close. Mason's breath stops. His hand moves to tuck my hair behind my ears, hand resting on my jaw.

I think he wants this.

What's crazy is that I do too.

I inch in with all the newfound courage I never thought I had. Finally, closing the gap between our lips. His lips feel soft against mine, chaste and kind.

Oh my God, I was kissing Mason De Luna. And he was kissing me back.

I feel him smile against the kiss, circling his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

After a second of air, I speak, "I really like you, De Luna." This is the most vulnerable I felt in a long while, but somehow I feel okay—like it's a welcomed type of nervousness. I was safe with him. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. Just the idea of this, what it would feel like to love someone like him, makes me undeniably happy.

He pulls back slightly, letting our foreheads touch. "God, Maya Delphine," he says, breathy.

I part my lips to speak only to feel his back on mine again. I chuckle between our lips—moving and chasing each other at the rate our breaths would allow.

He pulls back again, eyes closed this time. "Be my girlfriend and the shoe's for free."

The gap between our lips ceases to exist again.

I pull back slightly, looking Mason in the eye. "What?" I ask. Did I hear him right? Am I dreaming?

My fingers trace the edge of his jaw.

His hooded eyes flutter open, head moving so his nose touched mine. "Be my girlfriend, and the shoe's yours for free, Maya Delphine."

Now I'm sure, there's no wiping this grin off my face anytime soon.

"All mine?"

"All fucking yours."

━━━━━━━━━━━

<3