Chapter 7 - Mrs Sai Virat Chavan

Time passed and he still didn't come home. Sai started to get nervous and upset

Sai: Abhi tak nahi aaya? Kuch hua hai kya?...nahi kuch nahi hua hoga, aisa mat socho Sai.

(He hasn't arrived yet? Has something happened?...no nothing would have happened, don't think so Sai.)

Sai: Shayad kaam mein busy hogaya...lekin mujhe bata sakte the na...

(Maybe he got busy with work...but he could have told me not so...)

She started to feel uneasy and decided to call him...but he didn't answer. She didn't know what to think.

She started pacing up and down, and then her phone rang. She got happy thinking it was him...but then the number she didn't recognize. She answered the phone. 

Person: Kya Aap Mr Virat Chavan ki wife hai?

(Are you Mr Virat Chavan's wife?)

Sai: Ji

(Yes)

Person: Mr Chavan ko goli lagi hai. Vo hospital mein hai

(Mr Chavan has been shot. He is in the hospital)

Sai: K-kya?

(W-what?)

Sai felt like the ground was taken out from below her. She almost fell. 

Person: Hello? Ma'am

Sai tried to find her voice

Sai: K-kaunsi hospital? (She asked shaking)

(Which hospital?)

The person on the phone informed Sai of the hospital and Sai rushed over. She was panicked and in tears when she got there. They informed her that he was in the operating theatre and asked her to sign some documents. Sai obliged and was trying her best to hold it together. She then called Aai and told her what happened.

As the Chavan family were on their way to the hospital Sai went to Bappa's murti to pray for Virat.

Sai: Bappa please Virat sir ko theek kardo. Unhe kuch nahi hona chahiye (She said crying)

(Bappa please make Virat sir better. Nothing should happen to him)

She remembered her Aaba getting shot...she remembered him dying. It made her more afraid. She couldn't lose Virat too.

Sai: Bappa m-main Virat sir ko kho nahi sakti. Aap unhe mujhse nahi cheen sakte. Main-main unke bina nahi jee sakti. Aap unhe theek karna hi padega. Please Bappa (She said crying)

(Bappa I-I can't lose Virat sir. You can't take him away from me. I-I can't live without him. You'll have to make him better. Please Bappa)

A little while after, the family arrived. Sai stayed praying. The doctors came out shortly after and informed everyone that Virat was no longer in danger and that the surgery was successful. Everyone was relieved and happy. The doctors said he would probably not regain consciousness until the next day. Everyone went to see him through the door of the room he was in. They all got emotional. After a little while Sai was talking to the doctor and she noticed Pakhi going into Virat's room. She was confused and followed her inside. Pakhi turned around surprised as she heard the door close.

Sai tried to be quiet as they spoke

Sai: Aap yaha kya kar rahi hai Pakhi didi?