Chapter 2

Maya POV

When I get home, my mom is still at work. I decide to go into town for a bit. I stop at the cafe, and order a hot chocolate. I am sippin it and looking out the window. I hear the bell ring as the door opens.

"Hey Maya." I look up. It's Lucas. I smile.

"Hey cowboy. What are you doing here?"

"Decided to come for some hot chocolate. How about you?"

"Same as yourself." I get up. "Sit. I was just going anyways." I walk out. Lucas follows.

"Thought you were getting a hot chocolate." I say with a half smile.

"Figure I'll hang with you. Unless you mind..madam." He says with a grin and a tip of an imaginary hat. I smile in spite of myself. We walk towards the park.

"So are you and Riles official?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I wouldn't say that. Why?" I frown.

"Because you kissed last night."

"She kissed me." He shrugs again. I frown deeper. He looks at me and laughs. He uses his fingers to turn the corners of my lips up.

"You're prettier when you smile." He says. I stop walking. "Hey what's up?" He walks back to me.

"Why are you doing this to Riley?" I ask.

"Doing what?" He looks confused.

"You're.. you're leading her on. Making her believe you like her."

"Who says I don't?" He says.

"Oh please, it's so obvious..to me anyways." He smiles at me. "Why would you do this? You're hurting her-and for no reason!" I say with a glare.

"Oh but I do have a reason." He laughs.

"I bet you do." I say sarcastically.

"I'll tell you one day." He says as he walks away. "See you tomorrow." I frown. This did not go how I wanted it to. Riley would get hurt and for no reason. I sigh and walk to my house. Some things you just can't fix.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_:-|__(-(-_-_-_-_-_-_

AN// hey lovies!!

I hope u all liked this chapter. I wonder Lucas reason was? Oh wait nvm I know..haha comment vote and all that jazz. ILYASM Baii :*