chapter 3 - alone

I'm finally alone...

What a weird feeling.

I'm by myself... truly. Truly, on my own.

I'm free. Free to do whatever I want, when I want. No more deadlines. No more exams, no more questions from family members what I'm going to do with my life.

It seems small, but this is so magnificent and monumental for me. A small decision, which such a huge impact on my life. 

The moment the plane took off, I knew I had made the right decision. Eagerness flows through my body as I tried to take a nap on the plane. 

I wasn't anxious, just very excited that nothing was planned for once. No more scheduling study times, stressing over word counts for essays and research papers.

~

Since my final destination is two hours out, I decide to book into a hotel close to the airport and to get the rent car tomorrow morning.

It's already evening, and I'd like to arrive to Cracker Lake during the day.

It's very quiet here. When I landed it was night time and I'm slightly jet lagged, intensely craving a long, deep sleep.

As my arms rest on the railings of the balcony outside my hotel room, I text Fran and my mom, letting them know I had landed safely and that I'm ok. Both of them understand that I need space but I don't want them to worry too much about me. I decide that for my stay here to check in with them every now and then just enough that they don't grow too worried.

The stars are beautiful here. I look up while outstretching my arms out. I breathe in a deep sigh. 

I smile.

Even in the night time, you can see the silhouette of the mountains. It's breathtaking and scary at the same time. It almost looks as if it's overtaking the earth if you look long enough.

When I decide that I've had enough of fresh air, I make my way back into my room.

~

After a warm bath and UberEating pizza, I fall into a deep sleep. Peaceful sleep.