War has begun

Alessa's POV
"Lock the gates! Send our finest soldiers out!" My father, Thor, yelled. People were rushing towards the gates and shutting them close. Father grabbed his mighty hammer and storms off into his room. I slowly tiptoe over to him. He looked really frustrated so I didn't want to bother him, but I have a curious mind so I ask him.
"Father, why do you look so frustrated? And why must we lock the gates and send our soldiers out?" Father looks at me and gives me a small smile.
"Alessa, there is a reason to all of this. But you must trust me and don't leave the palace until I order you to. Is that understood?" I reply in a small voice.
"Yes father. I will not leave unless I am told to." I say with my head down.
"Thank you dear. Now off to your room we have a big day tomorrow!" My father says while rubbing his hands. I knew exactly what he was talking about.
"Yes father I will leave...as soon as you give me a hug?" Father does what I ask and gives me a hug. I soon walk up to my room. I dress out of my armor and put on a long, silk, nightgown. I then fall into a deep sleep.
"Alessa wake up!" My father yells. I jump from my bed and spring to life.
"What's wrong father? Why wake me up at this time?"
"Alessa a war has begun."