Chapter 3

"Jake, are you sure you don't want to bring anyone with you?" the woman asked her son. Worry plastered on her face.

The young boy, who was putting on his shoes nodded his head in confirmation.

"You don't need to worry that much mother. I'll be fine alone" he answered. Sending her a smile to reassure her that everything would be fine.

The woman finally let her son go. They were on vacation so it would be a waste if Jake didn't do anything while they were here.

Jake made his way into the woods not far from where they were staying. He rode on his horse slowly, taking in all the views and things around him.

He finally stopped when he arrived at the river. The boy hopped down from his horse, tying his horse on a tree to prevent it from running away.

"What a lovely sight. Mother might love it if I bring her here" he monologued to himself. The young prince took a deep breath before slowly exhaling it.

His hair swayed softly, following the direction of the wind.

The sound of a rustling coming from somewhere near him made him turn his head around in a quick manner.

Jake slowly took a step back when he saw the bush in front of him moving ever so slightly.

A faint smell of mud and puddle greeted his nose and he immediately knew if he stay longer there, it wouldn't be safe for him.

He was about to turn around and leave the place but a low growl coming from his back made him stop.

A big and black wolf slowly trudged its way towards Jake. Jake carefully took a step back every time the wolf stepped forward.

The young prince wasn't stupid to know that it was a Rogue Wolf. Fighting it would be a stupid decision for him to do so.

A Rogue Wolf was an extremely wild one. They wouldn't give up until their enemy die.

Jake cursed himself softly under his breath. He forgot to bring his sword with him. Maybe he was too excited to explore that he forget one of his most important thing to bring while being alone.

The Rogue was about to make an attack when both of them heard a bunch of steps coming from behind Jake.

Jake turned his head to look at what had made the noise. He didn't notice that he accidentally gave the Rogue a chance to attack.

Seeing the opportunity, the Rogue immediately made its move to attack Jake from behind. 

But before it can reach Jake, an arrow already dug deep into its shoulder. Making it fall to the ground with a soft groan.

A person on their horse came to Jake's aid. The person was holding a bow in his hands. He stopped in front of Jake, protecting him from the Rogue.

"Go before we kill you, you nasty Rogue"  he said.

The wolf growled at the person. Refusing to go. It made a sudden attack on the person. The person was quick to avoid the attack by jumping off from his horse.

He landed perfectly beside Jake. "Are you okay?" he asked Jake. Jake nodded his head.

From the corner of his eye, Jake could see the Rogue had changed his attack from him to the person who just came to save him.

Judging from the way the wolf made its way towards him was enough for Jake to change his form and push the wolf away from its side.

The two of them rolled quite a few meters away. Jake quickly stood up, readying himself for an incoming attack.