Parrot Plush

Ship: KyunYun

Tags: fluff, canon compliant, 2019 halloween special

Changyun lamented the lost opportunity to dress as his favourite superhero, at least until a parrot came to cheer him up.

------------------------------

Changyun was a bit sad for not getting the costume he wanted. Though he played it off for laughs on camera, it's true that he'd really like to be Spider-Man. His own costume and concept were still cool, and he looked great, of course, but he can't help but wonder what could've been.

After checking the final details in his ensemble and focusing on how good his makeup looked, Changyun went to see if anyone else was ready. What he didn't expect was to meet someone in the middle.

"Changyun! How do I look?" Minkyun beamed at him.

What he expected would be a funny, yet strangely fitting match, turned out to be the most adorable he'd ever seen Minkyun. The oversized parrot outfit — big hood threatening to fall on his face, and the large soft fabric wings dangling off from his shoulders, going way past his hands — just amplified how huggable he was. His makeup was the cherry on top. Simple, with just a bit of eyeliner, a smattering of blush along his cheeks and nose, and red lipstick just on the middle of his lips, making them into a perfect heart.

Changyun's heart almost couldn't take it.

The way the red emphasised Minkyun's cheeks and lips was almost unfair, the color matched so well, which made Changyun think of how he could've gotten the Spider-Man costume, he would've looked so good in red too-

"Changyun, are you alright?"

-He could even imagine: Kyun-Yun Halloween duo! Both with characters that fit them and they enjoyed, and with the matching red theme, they'd be the perfect duo! But Changyun was a zombie instead...

"Changyun!"

"Oh. Sorry, uhhhh.. I'm okay!" That wasn't very convincing at all. And it seems Minkyun didn't buy it either.

Changyun was just being slightly bitter about his own bad luck, he didn't want Minkyun to be concerned about him when the cause for his slight sadness was so trivial, yet there they were. Changyun spacing out and Minkyun looking at him worried that anything bad was happening. Why did he have to be so considerate and big and fluffy?

In milliseconds, Changyun felt Minkyun kiss him. A peck on the lips, for lack of a better word.

"Wha- what was that for!? We have makeup!"

"Our lipstick is the same." Minkyun grinned, dimples on full display. "We're both intact!"

Changyun just stared at him dumbfounded. They both really do have the same lipstick, colour and shape and all. What an absolute dork, a dork who just completely owned him.

He giggled. "That's a fair point. But still, why?"

"You seemed down, so I wanted to cheer you up somehow. You might not have gotten Spider-Man, but you're still really cool! And you look amazing, so please cheer up!" Minkyun frowned.

Any kind of bitterness Changyun still had just melted away with Minkyun's sweet warmth. He really was too good to be true. Changyun reached for a kiss as retribution, their headgear bumped a little but it was still manageable.

He could almost swear Minkyun's blush got two shades darker, before absolutely beaming his red cheeks and dimples, to which Changyun's eyes crinkled in return. In a big warm hug, Changyun was enveloped in softness as he took support on the other's chest, feeling his breathing and heartbeat in sync with his own.

They both gazed into each other's eyes while cuddling, occasionally exchanging sweet kisses, like a game where they'd stamp their lips in the exact same place every time, just to avoid any makeup mishaps. Changyun was grateful for the coincidence.

"Thank you. For cheering me up."

Minkyun tightened the hug and rested his head on Changyun's shoulder for a few moments, humming into his ear. It reverberated all throughout his body, soothing and warm. Changyun kept snuggling the big parrot plushie for a bit longer, enjoying the last free minutes before they had to move on.

They begrudgingly broke apart from their cuddling session, but they knew they had to see the others and film the rest of the video. If anything, they could come back to it afterwards, is what the glint in their eyes promised. With one last kiss, Minkyun flashed his dimples and eye smile before moving on first after the rest of the group. Changyun was shortly left behind, hands over his chest still glowing with warmth, smiling dumbly at himself.

He realised, Minkyun might not have kissed him if he'd gotten the Spider-Man costume, so maybe now he was kind of glad that he didn't get it after all.

Changyun's thoughts were halted by an excited screech not too far ahead. With a chuckle, he went to join his dorky partner, looking forward to celebrating with him and the other members.