Chapter four:

He had been feeling a strange sensation in his chest ever since he had bonded with Optimus, but it was getting stronger each day. He knew it had something to do with the bond they had formed, but he had never felt anything like this before. He was starting to feel an emotional connection to Optimus that he could not explain. Optimus looked at Cade with worry in his optics. He had never seen Cade in such pain before. He could feel the heat radiating from Cade's body and he knew he had to act quickly. He gently picked up Cade and cradled him in his arms. As he ran towards Ratchet's room, he could feel the fear and anxiety in his spark. He had to get Cade help and fast.

Optimus nodded, "I understand. I will do whatever it takes to help Cade." Optimus said.

He then began to prepare himself for the process and looked at Ratchet with determination. Ratchet had worked tirelessly for hours to stabilize both Optimus and Cade. He had used a forced stasis on Optimus to keep them both stable until they could be properly treated. Now, all that remained was to wait for Optimus and Cade to wake up. Optimus woke up and saw Cade awake.

"Cade." Optimus said as he held his hand carefully in his large hand. "Hey, big rig," Cade said smiling at Optimus.

Optimus smiled back and squeezed his hand gently.

"It's good to see you awake. How are you feeling?" Optimus asked, his deep voice filled with concern. Cade chuckled softly and nodded. "I'm doing okay. I'm just glad to be here with you."

2018;
It was October and Optimus and Cade were on recall they were ambushed and they got separated from each other and Cade was trying to find Optimus.

"Prime!" "Where are you human?" Megarron growled.

Cade stayed hidden from the con.

Optimus was fighting the other cons and he heard Cade screaming at Megatron. "Let me go!"

Cade had a blade made by Hound and cut Megatron's eye and Cade grabbed his gun and ran and he was shot at and Cade was hit and he tumbled down the hill and he groaned in pain and he saw Megatron, he could barely keep his eyes open. "So weak for a human." "No, I'm not." Cade shot Megatron and Optimus fought off his brother and Cade weakly watched his lover chase Megatron off. "Cade!" "I'm alright Ratchet." he held his abdomen and he saw Optimus standing in his glory. "O...Optimus."

Optimus turned into a human and he saw Cade "Cade." He looked up at his lover. "Optimus." "Cade, come on." "It hurts." "Up we go, my love." "Nghn." "My apologies." "Am I going to die?" "No, my love you will be alright."
He carried Cade to his cab. "Hound we're on our way, but Cade got hurt." "On it, make sure he's awake." "Cade, stay awake."

"I can't." "Cade, don't you dare leave me." "I just need to sleep." "Cade, wake up we're here. Cade? Cade! Ratchet Cade is not responding!" "Bring him here."

Cade was taken to the med-bay. Optimus saw Tessa "hey, where's my dad?" "He's with Ratchet." "What happened?" "We were ambushed." "I told him that it wasn't a good idea to take him with you."

"Tessa, don't blame him for what happened to me." "Thank you, Cade." "Tessa you don't need to worry, I'm with him." "I know and dad, you should have been more careful." "Cade you shouldn't have gone after him." "He was being a dick." "I know."

Optimus knew that he needed to let Tessa visit Cade and Optimus isn't exactly considered family to her unless they got married.

Optimus' pov;
I was skipping stones and Shane joined me. "She just loves her dad." "I know, but she wants us to be married already as you humans say, and I love her father." "It takes time big guy." "You are not as bad as I thought you were, and you and Tessa saved my life that day, thank you." "We need the Autobot witness protection from those cons."