Chapter 18-2: Operation Savage Forrest

Ethan had just arrived at Elemental Hero HQ, and was immediately escorted to the lab by Shadow Mist. In that room, he found Elemental Hero Neos talking to Stratos, with Hyperion in the background. Neos then noticed him and went up to greet him.

"Greetings, Mr. Hono. Glad to make your acquaintance." Neos said, shaking Ethan's hand.

"Likewise, Neos. Now then, what's the situation?" Ethan asked.

"To be honest, not so hot. Scanners have indicated that Remnant was hit with some kind of space-time-distortion thing. Also, at the same time, Ms. Yuno was dueling a robot that exploded and teleported her somewhere. We have reason to believe that she and team RWBY are in Remnant." Neos said.

"So, what's preventing you from picking her up in the first place? You did travel to Remnant before." Ethan asked.

"I'm not sure. There's some kind of blocker. Whatever it is, it's preventing me from traveling to that dimension. Fortunately, where there's a will, there's a way. Shadow Mist is currently working on a solution with Hyperion. Care to elaborate, Mist?" Neos asked.

Mist nodded. She then walked over to a device where Hyperion was standing next to and began typing some inputs. "Hyperion normally has the power to travel beyond space, and other dimensions. However, some other greater force prevents him from doing so. To counteract this, we have to distort the powers that restrict us. That's where this device comes in." Mist then took out a remote and pressed a button. A display of a teleportation gate.

"This portal, or gate was made to amplify Hyperion's powers. With it, we can overwhelm the forces that prevent us from entering." Mist said.

"That sounds great. What's the catch?" Ethan asked, crossing his arms.

"Well, the catch is that in order to bypass the forces, we're powering it with some Dark-Dust crystals we kept to ourselves. Meaning it's running on Nether Energy. It was the only thing that the readings would accept. Mixing it with Hyperion's powers won't hurt him, but it'll corrode the Dust Crystals after being expose to his powers, making them useless. Luckily, we've gathered enough Dust Crystals so that the portal can be use twice. One for entering and the other for the return trip." Mist said.

"Okay. I can see where this plan is going, and the Igknights and I would be happy to help. But why exactly do you need us? You are super heroes with super powers." Ethan asked.

Neos then stepped in to answer that. "That's the problem the Dark Dust Crystals will use different amounts of energy depending on the spirit that enters. Since I'm a galactic super hero with cosmic powers, the Dark Dust Crystals will use more energy for me. However, Pendulum Monsters require less energy when traveling through dimensions. You know, with pendulum summoning technique they can use. Plus, we're kind of short-staffed on heroes right now. You know, the usual. Tyrant overlords, crime bosses. Apocalyptic scenarios. That kind of stuff." Neos said.

"In short, we can send in a total of seven people through there. However, Stratos will be manning a dropship, for evac. Just in case if things get dicey. Also, don't worry about the return trip. Everyone including team RWBY and Anna will make it back." Mist said.

"And since I'm a human, the Dark Dust won't be using a lot energy on me, nor weaker spirits. Also, follow up question. We won't be negatively affected by the Dark Dust, right?" Ethan asked.

"Trust me. If there was any risk of corruption, we wouldn't take it." Hyperion said.

"Ok. So, we go into the portal. Get Annie and RWBY out of there if necessary, and possibly fight any hostiles we come across. Correct?" Ethan asked for clarification.