Chapter 23: A Grimm Day Part 2

When we last left off with our Grimm Trio, they were dueling against the Dragon the rules over the dark lair, Diabolos. Their fight has not been going well, as the three struggled to take on the dragon. In the end, Siren and Hidou both received an emotionless scolding from Shinrai, and now he is now offering a formal surrender for the entire team.

Turn 9: End-Phase Diabolos
Diabolos: 7450LP vs Shinrai, Hidou and Siren: 2450LP
Diabolos Hand: 0 vs Shinrai: 1, Hidou 2, Siren: 0

"THIS IS STARTING TO GET EVEN MORE ENTERTAINING FOR ME. I DIDN'T MISHEARD YOU, RIGHT?"

"Nope. I wish to have our entire team surrender the duel." Shinrai said.

Shinrai's last words had both Hidou and Siren stunned for a moment. They eventually got up, and went over to Shinrai, with Siren pushing Hidou in his wheel chair.

"Shinrai! What are you doing!?" Siren yelled.

"I'm offering surrender plea. I thought I made that clear."

"W-well. Just for yourself, right?" Hidou asked.

"No. I'm having our entire team surrender." Shinrai said bluntly.

"You can't just make a decision like that! I feel like this is something we have to decide together!" Siren said.

"Normally, you would be right. However, since this i fight, Diabolos gets to add some slight modifications. I believe he wouldn't mind a 1-vote requirement for surrendering." Shinrai then glanced at the dragon. "Would he?"

"OH, I WOULDN'T MIND AT ALL. IN FACT, LET ME MAKE IT OFFICIAL NOW. I DECLARE THAT IF THE ENEMY HAS ONE PLAYER WHO IS WILLING TO SURRENDER, THE ENTIRE TEAM SURRENDERS REGARDLESS OF THE OPINIONS OF THE OTHERS."

A black aura the pulsed through the field, indicating that the special rule was now in effect.

"You can't just do that!" Siren yelled.

"Actually, he can." Shinrai said.

"Why are you supporting him!? You're on our side!" Hidou yelled.

"I am on your side." Shinrai said.

"Then why are you surrendering!?" Siren yelled.

"Because we're not going to win. Need I remind you of the blunders you two have made?" Both Siren and Hidou went silent for a moment. "The moment Diabolos' turn ends you two will take your turns, and despite what you do, it's always to fight the other. I also have come to the logical conclusion that you two will always fight each other no matter what I say and learn nothing. Hence, surrendering now is better than dragging out a losing fight." Shinrai said.

Hidou and Siren both looked at each other. Shinrai was right about them. The two of them fighting each other has led to this point. A point where Shinrai thinks the best course of action is just to end a pointless fight. They may not stand the sight of each other, and have an intense rivalry. But if there is one thing that they do agree on is that both want to live and not die. In that moment, they both looked at each other and nodded. Hidou was the first to come up to Shinrai.

"Shinrai. Listen. We get it. Siren and I screwed it up big time! But it was mostly Si-."

Shinrai only gazed at Hidou just before the words left his mouth. "Si-, si-, si-silliness! Yeah! It was mostly silliness. Our silliness. Our dumb, stupid, silliness. Heh, heh, heh."

"Wow. Great recovery. Did you have a special file in your brain for all the du-."

Siren then noticed Shinrai's unchanging gaze, but it was a gaze that she felt pierce her soul. "Du, du, dump loads of great…um…ideas. Yeah. That are moderately, okay."