Chapter IV

Lisa woke up with a bright smile on her face. The bright sun is illuminating from the curtains of her window. She yawned and decided to take a shower.

Once she got dressed, she headed off to the daycare center that she was working at.

Feeding children when they are hungry and putting them down for a nap when they are tired seemed like a very easy job, it was not. Not even close. In fact it was a stressful job. She could have any job that she wants but she chose to be a babysitter for she loves being with kids. She loved playing with them no matter how tiring it could get sometimes.

She gathered the children in the play area and asked them to form a circle. In order to do that, she spends 20 minutes just by asking them to do it. It is now time for story-telling she told them. She read them a book called Cinderella. Her story telling lasted for about half an hour and not even half of them have finished it. Almost every one of them fell asleep except a four year old kid named Dakota.

“Hey Dakota, Why are you not sleeping?” She asked her while sitting her down her lap.

“I’m not yet sleepy. Can I ask you a question?” She asked. She’s a very cute girl she thought. Among them, she was the most quiet. According to her father, her mother died while giving birth to her. It was sad because they had to explain it to her in ways that wouldn’t affect her in the worst possible way.

“Sure sweetie”

“Umm, who is your prince charming?” she asked. I laughed at her question but decided to answer it anyway.

“His name is Jack, and for the record, I think he is much more handsome than prince charming” Lisa joked.           

 “John is my prince charming” Dakota cooed. Lisa laughed along with her but told her that she has to sleep so that she would have the courage to ask him out later. So she became eager to do so.

**

After her stressful day she went back to her apartment. She waited for Jack’s call throughout the day but sadly until now, she hasn’t received even one. She decided to call him but there was no answer. Maybe he is busy she thought.

She left him messages about how her day went and decided to take a shower.

After her shower, she dressed up into comfortable clothes and ate her ramen that was waiting on the counter. She checked up her phone to see if there were any unread messages and missed calls. Almost everyone was from her parents and friends from the daycare center. She decided to call it a day.

She brushed her teeth and wore her evening gown. She placed her phone on the bedside table and

Drifted off to sleep momentarily after her head collided with the pillow.