Chapter VII - Number 2

She took a deep breath and opened it in the first page of the book.

It took her a second to realize that it was his journal. Each page was full of scribbles of his hand-writing and poems. There were also entries of different dates. I looked through and finally found a page that was about me. It was the day that he took me on our first date.

November 29, 2010

1:43 pm

Today is the day I finally get to take her out! I am still so nervous that even after I took a bath, I could feel myself sweating because of the anticipation. I have spent a whole hour just thinking about what I should wear and what I should do later, what right words to say and what words to not.  It was weird, I know because it was something that should be done by girls. But I realized that boys can feel the same way too, if you would ask me about it yesterday, I’d probably laugh at you and tell you “you must be kidding! I aint no coward!” But now I realized how wrong I was.

  2.   You could have told me you felt like this the first time you took me out on a date.

She gushed about the thought of him writing this. He must be on his game face waiting to win the game. He must be anxious. He was weird like that. He was a man who loved the adrenaline rush. Until now, she still can’t understand why. It was a question added to the list.