Chapter 23: Risk is Worth the Price

-Aamon's pov-

I am so poisoned by rage. So poisoned that my brother is dead and I want to kill this monster.

This sadist with no soul.

I looked up and saw him smirking jubilantly. That made me stand up and glower right back. Then I was hit by a sense of déjà vu

Not of Emperor Scorpion, but of my ancestor.

Valentina Paxley.

She's my great-great-great-grandmother with even more 'great' in the front that I didn't bother to add about. But that smirk the Emperor made looks just like Valentina's.

When she finally got her hands on what she wanted...

I know it's weird that I saw her because she's technically my ancestor and she's not supposed to be alive right now.

But she is.

She struck a deal with the Evil God and got potent magic that made her hair white and turn immortal.

And for some reason, when I look at Emperor Scorpion, I felt as if a part of Valentina's wickedness is inside him. We are related to her, after all.

But this Emperor isn't my brother, no. He's a monster. He may be Gusion's other twisted self, but no, this isn't my brother.

He reminds me a lot of Valentina.

But at least Valentina had a soul. At least she had something to fight for.

This scorpion kills anyone in his way even himself in the process. And for what? For glory! What nonsense, who will respect someone who kills innocent people?

And I'm gonna end it. Right now.

Nothing can stop me. Nothing.

I snap out of my trance and look deep inside the Emperor's violet eyes, searching for something to lead me.

All I saw was hate.

Hate from what?

"The weak can never survive the Land of Dawn and that proves it," I saw Emperor gesture to Gusion's lifeless body. Then he looked back up at me. "I have been waiting a long time for this Aamon. I vowed I would get revenge, even if this isn't you."

Revenge? Why? What did other me do in his dimension? Before I could think further, he charged at me and I rolled out of the way just in time.

I saw him twirling five green blades in his hand before he threw them right at me, but I know Gusion, and oddly enough, this Emperor's skills seem similar to my brother's. So it was easy to dodge it.

Gusion really wanted to be stronger than me and tried really hard to surpass me in the following year. He almost did.

Almost.

I saw the Emperor throw his five blades in a fan-shaped area beside him, then he materialized several feet away from where he was and threw five more beside him.

Oh yes, I knew what he was gonna do. That obvious combo of his. So I have to roll out of the way before he throws that green blade at me-

I flicked my eyes sideways and he teleported beside me! What? This wasn't in Gusion's combo-

I am forgetting that this isn't Gusion and he's far stronger than him. The Emperor made a swipe for me but I thrust out my hand and my blew shards flew at him, breaking off a part of his armor. The shards recoiled in midair and flew back to me, forming my invisibility cloak.

I kept my eyes on him, predicting his next move since this combo he is doing is completely messed up. Or probably he knew I know his combo so he's trying a different one.