Scenario 1: Party

Adrienne Reingold

The doorbell rang. I heard its cheerful tone echo down the hall. I stopped scrolling through my phone and got off my bed. 

"Adri! I think your friends are here!" Mom called.

"Yeah! I think I know it's them!" I replied, my heart pounding with excitement.

I ran down the hall, zipped past the kitchen, and jogged through the living room to head to the door. I felt a rush of joy as when I opened the door, Hadley Cooper stood beyond the door.

"Hads! What's up?" I extended my arms out for a hug.

"Didn't I say not to call me that again?" Hadley rolled her eyes.

"Ehh, can't always keep that promise," I chuckled. 

Hadley accepted the hug and came inside.

"Hey, Hadley!" My mom chirped as she wiped down the counter.

"Hi, Mrs. Reingold," Hadley greeted back.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"They said they'll be here in a bit," Hadley answered.

"Oh, okay. Well, in the meantime. Wanna play on the Xbox?" I gestured to the gaming consoles on the floor.

"Mmm, why not?" Hadley shrugged.

"Okay." I walked over to the Xbox and turned it on. "What do you wanna play?"

"Uhh. Do you have Halo?" Hadley asked.

"No. But we have Call of Duty," I replied.

"I can roll with that."

Once I turned on the Xbox and the TV, I gave a controller to Hadley and we sat down on the sofa.

"Alright. You know how to play?" 

"I mean...does Call of Duty have the same controls as Halo?" Hadley fingered the joystick.

"How should I know? I never played Halo before," I shrug.

"Then...maybe not," Hadley leaned forward on the sofa.

I went on to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 app and leaned back on my seat. "How bout we run through the tutorial first before you play.

"I'd rather play offline." 

"Well then, we'll play with bots."

Hadley scoffed, "That's gonna be too easy. But okay."

But before I can even add the controllers in, the doorbell rang once again. 

"Oh, hun, people are here," my mom said.

"Yeah, I think that's fairly obvious," I set my controller down and got up. "I'll be back Hads."

"What did I say about calling me that!" Hadley shouted, her temper instantly going from neutral to anger.

"Like I said, can't always keep a promise," I said tauntingly.

Daylan "Phantom" Falky

"Oh man, oh man," Brayden Noble said fidgetily.

"Calm down bro, It's just a party. Nothing special," I patted his back.

"Oh, yeah? Well, this is special to me. I haven't to party in like..." Brayden counted his fingers, "10 months!"