(Game Spoilers) Dishonored Plot

The plot of Dishonored starts with piles and piles of books in the game itself. Different pieces of the world of Dishonored are all described within the various textbooks, notes, and audiographs layed strewn throughout the levels. Some books describe a place known as the Void; an infinite, malevolent, and mystical version of universe.

Nearly every unprofessional description of the void is a diary about coming into contact with a whalebone or bone charm of some sort, and the owner progressively dives deeper into madness, all diaries are found near the bodies of those who came in contact with the horrors of the Void.

There is a group of sorts; a church if you would. This group depicts anything from the void as evil, and containing the possibility to destroy the very world.

The Void has a god. Normally, gods are entities without background, but this god was chosen; this god used to be human. The church sees the “Outsider” as a devil who uses normal people and turns them into sinful and corrupted versions of themselves. Which actually isn’t wholly the case.

The Outsider; the god of the Void; only involves himself with those he deems could change history.

An assassin; a man named Daud who killed for money, was chosen by the Outsider to receive the Mark of the Outsider, which is magically branded onto the hand of the marked.

The mark siphons energy from the Void, apparently. The abilities gained from the mark range from teleportation, morphing into a living shadow, and the ability to stop time. The mark is revealed to be the very name of the nameless God, simply re-written in an ancient language that can only be read by the dead who dwell within the Void.

The fate of this god would be determined by a mark-bearer named Megan Foster, a woman who used to work under Daud.

The main character of this story is named Corvo Attano. Corvo is the Royal Protector, serving under the Empress. Corvo had a child with the Empress named Emily Kaldwin. Who would eventually, after she became old enough; become an Empress. Unfortunately, the Empress Jessamine Kaldwin that Corvo Attano served and loved so dear, was slain in an assassination for her life.

The order to kill her was carried out by the Royal Spymaster; Hiram Burrows, otherwise known as the Lord Regent. Lord Regent carried this assassination out during an outbreak of a deathly illness known as the Rat Plague, born from human intervention, and rat breeding; the Lord Regent created the Rat Plague to cull the weak and poor from the streets of Dunwall.

The reason for the assassination was part of a plan to become the leading power, which succeeded after the Lord Regent pinned the assassination on the Royal Protector; our protagonist. Corvo met a group of people who needed his help getting the true Empress; Emily Kaldwin, from where the Lord Regent held her. Of course, Corvo would happily oblige on this quest.

After staying in the inn where the group of rebels met, Corvo met the Outsider in a dream and obtained his mark. At least; he thought it was a dream.

After many missions, Corvo eventually overthrows the Lord Regent and Emily is going to be the new Empress, but the group he met had other plans.

Corvo loses everything again and only one he can rely on is the man who helped him using just his boat. The old sailor lets Corvo live, without the group knowing, risking his own life.

Corvo ends up overthrowing the group and replaces the seat of power with Emily Kaldwin, the ONLY heir to the throne. Atleast, only for a few years.

Emily grows up and is a fully-fledged Empress. Daud, who killed the former Empress, met the former Empress’s half sister, Delilah Kaldwin the 1st, after the Outsider told him about Delilah.

Afterwhich Daud defeats her, because she was the leader of a Witch Coven known as the Brigmore Witches; people who practiced dark magic that originated from the Void.

15 years later, after wandering the Void, she eventually finds her way out, she uses the Outsider and some more Void magic to resurrect herself. She then returns to claim the throne, and casts either Corvo or Emily in magical stone. (depending on who you choose as the protagonist for Dishonored 2.)

Corvo re-obtains his Mark of the Outsider, which the Outsider deems him as someone who could change history once again. OR, if you chose to play as the Empress; Emily Kaldwin, she would gain the mark for the first time. OR while playing as either one, you can choose to refuse the mark, and not gain any powers. (No powers mode)

All of the Dishonored games have different endings depending on whether or not you kill people, which is totally optional. Here in Dishonored 2 however; when Delilah takes the throne, she also had allies who helped her gain the power to do so. The protagonist you chose (Corvo Attano or Emily Kaldwin) will go through her various allies and either completely murder all of them, or incapacatate them. Your protagonist will also either kill Delilah or literally trap her within her own imaginary world. [I will let you find out what I mean.]

There is plenty more that I haven’t discussed; like how one day the Void is likely to devour the entire universe, but that’s something better left to someone more capable. Check that out on YouTube. Overall, I recommend you try this game out yourself; It is available on PC, Xbox, and I believe on PS, but I’m not entirely sure. 

Thank you for reading this nearly 1000 word chapter. You aren't requested to vote for this, but if you feel like voting for this later on in the story, go ahead.

 You aren't requested to vote for this, but if you feel like voting for this later on in the story, go ahead

Please enjoy the rest of the story. [My horrible art btw]