18- Maybe nice boys do exist

Author's note: Filler Alert, this is a filler because I havent posted in like weeks. Surprisingly I'm back, but the end is near. I plan to finish at 26 chapters because I feel like that enough if not too much, but I still have no idea how to end. Thank you so much for 29 thousand reads, it's crazy that people keep reading, but they just do. I hope this chapter makes sense I really didnt feel like rereading it.

Standing in front of the Heffley's front door, you for some reason felt anxious. Tonight for the first time ever you were babysitting. Well, maybe not for the first time ever, but you highly doubt watching Faith counted. Either way, tonight would be your first time babysitting Greg and Manny.

The door swings open, and you're greeted by a surprising, pleasant site. Susan hadn't told you why she needed you to babysit, but looking at her, you could tell she was going out. Her hair was down, draping onto her black dress. The ends curled and brushed through. Her makeup was how it always was, natural except for her eyes and lips.

"Hi." She greets you with a smile.

"Hi, Mrs. Heffley, you look great."

"Thank you." She says, stepping aside to let you in.

"Date night, huh?"

"First one in a while. Let's just say you and Rodrick may have inspired Frank."

You go to speak but decide to stay silent instead.

"Frank!" She yells. "Babysitters here."

"You're the babysitter."  Greg said skeptical. "Great."

"Nice to see you too, Greg." 

Behind him was Frank holding Manny. Your jaw almost dropped when you saw what he was wearing. It wasn't anything over the top, but it was the first time you'd ever seen the man in a suit. Ironically, he usually dressed like Rodrick did on your "date".

They took a few minutes to lay some ground rules and explain some things. Like making sure Greg did his homework and didn't stay on the phone with Rowley too late.

"We'll only be gone for a few hours, but If we're gone for longer than that, Rodrick can just take you home."

"NO I WON'T" Rodrick yells from his room.

"YES YOU WILL." Susan yells back.

"Besides that, don't give Manny any candy, or he will be up for hours."

"Got it."

You watched how Susan eyes were trained on Frank's wallet. Making sure you were paid well. He handed you the money before taking Susan's hand and walking out the door. You closed is shut behind them and went to the living room where Manny was sitting.

The  first hour is spent, in all honesty, pretty boring. You should have been thankful, boring meant easy, which meant easy money. But maybe you just expected more from watching Rodrick's brothers. Like being paid to basically hang out with him and yet you hadn't seen him yet.

You snap out of your thoughts and go back to coloring with Manny, deciding to enjoy the boring.  After thirty minutes, Greg decided to make an appearance downstairs.

"You're smart, right ?" He asks, sitting beside you.

"Yes. Why?"

He doesn't say anything else, instead, he just holds his homework over your drawing. 

"Could I at least get a please."

He gives you a confused face, telling it you wasn't gonna happen.

"Fine." You say, setting your drawing on the table.