𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

CHAPTER FIVE
"Reality"
——

For the last few days, Maggie and Jane have been help make Hilltop a better place while Gregory was hauled up in his office drinking a bottle a day

For the last few days, Maggie and Jane have been help make Hilltop a better place while Gregory was hauled up in his office drinking a bottle a day. "I think we're doing really good here" Maggie says as her and Jane look around at all the people around Hilltop do their jobs. "I'm giving a group knife throwing lessons, I thought you'd like to help" Maggie offers and Jane nods her head and her and Maggie walk over to the group of people who are willing to help them for the war against the saviors.

"It's simple. Focus, throw the knife and you hit the target" Maggie states as she stands a few feet away from the target. "But don't throw it carelessly or your knife will go flying" Jane adds before Maggie throws her knife and hits her target on the tree. "Enid?" Jane asks and Enid nods her head and takes a spot next to Maggie.

"Remember hold the blade of the knife" Jane informs as she helps Enid place her hand on the right end of the knife before throwing it. Enid gets in position and throws her knife hitting the target just like Maggie. Jane smiles as she looks over at Maggie before Maggie looks down at Enid while the people of Hilltop begin to look to Maggie and Jane as leaders.

After the knife throwing lessons, Maggie went to find Jane. "Don't you have an appointment with Dr. Carson?" Maggie asks respectfully as she finds Jane near Glenn and Joslyn's graves. "Yeah, but I'm not gonna go" Jane says as she rises to her feet and walks away from the graves. "Don't you want to see how the baby is?" Maggie asks and Jane sighs and stops in her tracks. "Of course but— I can't. He's not here" Jane says referring to Glenn as her eyes begin to fill up with tears.

"I'm here" Maggie says as she walks up to Jane. "It may not be enough but I would also like to see how this baby is" Maggie says as she puts her hand out for Jane to grab. "I'm not taking no for an answer" Maggie says as she smiles at Jane and Jane gives in, placing her hand into Maggie's and they both walk to the medical trailer.

Jane's sonogram begins and Jane looks at the baby with such admiration yet with so much sadness he or she won't be able to be meet their father. "The baby is perfect" Dr. Carson says as he rubs the tool on her belly while looking at the baby from the sonogram. "You don't have to do this alone" Maggie says as she turns her head and looks down at Jane who has tears in her eyes. "I know..." Jane whispers as she closes her eyes and can't help but the think of the future. Her and Glenn taking care of their child. Being happy. Forgetting about all that's wrong with the world. Once Jane opens her eyes her beautiful vision comes to an end and she knows she has to face this harsh reality with the love of her life. Without her sister. Without them.

As nighttime fell upon them, Enid had made food for the group like she has been every night. "He's still out there" Maggie says referring to Daryl. "Why won't he just come in?" Enid asks as she makes herself a plate and Jane looks out at Daryl through the open trailer door. "I don't know" Jane mumbles as she grabs a plate off the table and walks outside to Daryl and hands him the plate of food. "You gonna come in? There's plenty of room" Jane says as she points towards the trailer. "Nah, I'm good" Daryl says as he looks down at his plate.