18 - more things in common

HIGH LOW
˗ˏˋ  🍓 ͛ ˳ 💌 ⋆ ˚🎸 ˎˊ˗
chapter eighteen

third person;

waking up the next morning in daniel's bed but laying facing awake from him, a small smile had appeared on angel's face after remembering where she was. the boy already awake beside her while on his phone, glancing at her to see if she was awake yet every once in a while.

angel gently rubbed her eyes before slightly looking over her shoulder at daniel. "good morning.." she whispered while turning her body around to face him, pulling the sheets over herself some more.

"you're awake," he responded through a small chuckle as he turned his phone off and put in on the night stand behind him. "i honestly thought you'd wake up before me."

"i went to sleep after you cause of like the different environment.. but your bed's really comfy," she returned him a smile. "also thanks for last night and getting me out of my comfort zone."

"of course," he replied, his hand moving to the side of her face and he ran his fingers through the few strands of her hair.

"um sorry, could i have phone please," she said awkwardly as daniel agreed, pulling his away from her hair and reaching over his shoulder for the girl's phone.

since the bed was against the wall and he only has a nightstand on his side, angels phone had spent the night there since they got home from the party. meaning once daniel had fell asleep and she was laying there wide awake she couldn't use it as a distraction.

so last night once she knew he was properly asleep, angel had carefully sat up and observed the boys from afar. her eyes mainly fixed in his guitar and the rest of his music equipment, intrigued by it all considering he had never mentioned anything about being interested in making and playing music.

"thank you," angel responded once he had handed her own phone to her. her eyes slightly widening as she looked at the amount of missed messages and calls she had from her parents.

"yeah.. your phone was going off before, i didn't know what to do about it so i just left it," daniel explained, received a small nod from her.

"i'm going to call my mom back so she knows i'm alright.." she lifted the sheets off of herself and sat up in the bed.

"actually i'm going to go have a shower and get ready for the day," daniel followed her actions. "then you can just stay in here and talk to your mom."

"okay.."

angel watched daniel as he got out of bed and went over to his closet, picking out an outfit for the day before leaving the room. once he had she turned her attention back to her phone and pressing call on her mothers contact.

"angel.." was all debbie said in an almost harsh tone as she answered the call.

"hey mom.. i'm okay," angel reassured her. "i woke up like five minutes ago because i struggled to get to sleep last night.. i'm sorry for scaring you."

"that's okay hun, i got a little worried because we got a report last night about a teenager's party and when we went to the address there was nothing so we assumed it was a false report, but i still wanted to make sure you were safe."

"yeah i'm safe," she responded, her eyes trailing around the room while trying to think about what to say about her night. "we had a calm night at carlie's house, listening to music, just talking and hanging out."

"that's good to hear.." debbie let out a small, inaudible sigh of relief. "also when would you like me to come pick you up? your fathers working today and i start at three and finish at nine "

"so it's up to you if you want to go home, come wait around at work or if your able to stay at your friends place and i'll pick you up after work," she continued.

"um.. she's in the bathroom at the moment so i'll ask in a second," she partly lied about the current situation. "but i will text you what i end up wanting to do.."

"okay, i'll talk to you soon."

"talk to you soon," angel responded before hanging up the call, setting her phone down on the bed as she let out a small sigh now unsure on what to do while waiting.

angel got up out of bed, going over to her bag and grabbing out her shirt which then she pulled over her body since she had slept in a sports bra. then going over to daniel's guitar, grabbing it as she took a seat on the floor.

once daniel came back into the room angel was sat there, playing a little song to herself as she hummed along. "it didn't know you could play guitar," he kept his tone low so he wouldn't scared her while he took a seat beside her.

"oh, sorry.." she slightly mumbled setting the guitar down on her lap and looking at him. "i use to at my old school, kinda missed it. but i didn't know you did either."

"turns out we have more things in common that i thought we did," he responded through a small laugh.

"um so i spoke to my mom.." angel changed the topic. "she has work till nine and dad's also working so i don't really have a way home unless i take a bus-"

"i can take you home if you'd like," he partly interrupted her.

"well i was going to ask if i could hang out here instead, just to save you the trip there and back but if you're busy later i can go home," she babbled.

"yeah of course you can stay," he agreed. "let me go double check with my parents though."

"thank you.."

AUTHORS NOTE

i didn't know how to end this chapter but anyway more just daniel and angel content in the next one as well :))

also i kinda feel bad for how i'm going to end this book that's all i'm going to say right now