Episode Four - Queen Frozen

"Beckett, where were you!!??" Mrs. Hellsweel asked. "I have a life you know." He said, rolling his eyes. Mrs. Hellsweel pinched her lips together tightly. "I said, where were you?"

"At the ice cream parlor." Beckett confessed. "With?" Mrs. Hellsweel pushed. "Vanessa." He admitted. Mrs. Hellsweel sighed and adjusted his hair. He swatted her away. "Teacher at school, mom at home. Remember?" He reminded her irritability. "Vanessa is becoming a distraction. You missed Prima Practice because of her birthday, you missed prima camp rehearsal over the summer because of her and now practice too?"

Beckett flinched. Vanessa was worth it, right? "I'm sorry Beckett, but you can't see her." Mrs. Hellsweel said. "What!" Beckett screamed. "Stay professional Beckett. It's not like you're going to marry Mrs. Morita. This will be better for the both of you."

"Y-you can't make me do that!" Beckett protested. "I can and I will. I'm your mother after all." She reminded him. "That's totally unfair!"

"Life is unfair Beckett!" Mrs. Hellsweel responded. Beckett shook his head. "No way. Not for you, not for anyone. You said coming here would be a fresh start, but now I can't have friends!" Beckett scoffed. "Is Mrs. Morita really just a friend?" Mrs. Hellsweel asked, raising her brows. Beckett flushed and glared at her. "You're the worst!" He yelled. Mrs. Hellsweel opened her mouth to yell something back, but she stopped. Her eyes fluttered and she raised a hand to her temple. "Mom?" Beckett said quietly.

————

Beckett, are you ok?" Vanessa asked worriedly. Mrs. Hellsweel had been rushed to the hospital only hours before. He didn't want to avoid Vanessa, but after what just went down, he owed it to his mom. "Yeah, whatever, I'm fine." He said, walking away. Katie grinned widely when Jax popped in. "You left your water bottle in the music room." He said to Kit. She smiled and took her bottle.

Vanessa: Uh oh! My crush star is sensing some serious vibes from Katie. Does she like Jax?

"So! How did your audition go?" Vanessa interrupted. Jax left the room after waving back at Kit. "He's so sweet." Katie said. Kit's smile fell. "Good, I guess."

"The list is up! The list is up!" Sasha exclaimed. Everyone rushed to the poster paper.

Beckett Bradstreet

Vanessa Morita

Carly Catto

Luna Bradstreet

Sasha Roy

Creston Catto

Katie Evans

Jenna Cristinziano

Jeni Crosben

Kit Dunn

Darin Venter

Joshua Winters

Beckett flinched. Vanessa was on the team as well. Vanessa grinned and turned to Carly. "We're on the regional team!"

Carly grinned, but then her smile fell. What was Creston doing here!? "Luna?" Beckett said furiously. A short girl with doe eyes, round cheeks and fluffy hair grinned back at him. Even with her delicate demeanor, she managed to rock a black short sleeved crop top and leggings with sassy cutouts. "You aren't the boss of me." She replied. Beckett fumed.

"Creston what are you doing here!" Carly said, her cheeks flushed with anger. "What's your brother doing here?" Vanessa whispered, nudging Carly. "Yeah, what's he doing here?" Katie said, peering at him through her lashes. "Westmans isn't going to regionals and Keaton is. It's not my fault I want to go somewhere competitive." Creston said, shrugging his shoulders. Carly: Are they fighting? It's not like I care anyway... *Nervous laugh, hiccup

————

Mr. Park grinned when his students looked up. "Today's assignment is going to be something special, I want you to rap battle."

Alya's eyebrows raised. "Let's start off with..." Mr Park started. "Alya and Miles."

Alya: This is going to be interesting.

"Friends you say friends cause I got none"

Alya said, starting the rap immediately.

"I lost em' when my clingy ex bf told me to drop em'

Drop em' he said, bring em' to the dirt, he never really knew what it was like to hurt

He calls me queen frozen but he's the one with a past

Two girls on his back saying he took em' down like that

He calls me queen frozen at least I got something, he's like plank of wood, he really got nutin

Nutin on me, he's the drama queen, always making a scene, and extra points cuz he's mean

He hopes his school will close

For his little problems

Never see me again

I hope I'm the one that cause em'

Think's he's so unique

Really think's he's got it

But talent ain't for trash

I really think that he's lost it

Think i'm sickly sweet

Like that medicine

Hon' i'm just unique"

Let's make this quick

Glad i'm not your chick

You just lost a rap battle to Alya Kendrick."

Miles' mouth was open. Alya glared back at him and dropped her microphone on the ground.

"Solid as ice, salty as heck, think's she's so great, I think she's got to check

Been in one opera, thinks she's a show stoppah

Thinks i'm the clingy one when her green eyes are on anotha

The picnic tables are frozen up and the food is turning bad

The limousine stopped working now i'm feeling pretty sad

Call's me trash when she can't take a joke

The drama's on me now huh, oh please you have no hope

If you hate me why'd you date me

Say i'm mean

Say i'm cruel

But you used me like a tool

Oh I was a great fool

Puppeteer thats my name

Honey what is your game

Call me crude

Call me rude

But at least i'm not your dude

Think your broken, not your fix

Laugh at me just for kicks

You just lost to Miles Lennox

Tears sprouted in Alya's eyes but she forced herself to stare at Miles.

Alya: I knew we were in a bad place, but I'll never forgive him for this. Never.