sixteen

*disclaimer: method man is clifford*

♤ NARDO ♤

3 weeks.

It'd been 3 weeks since he and Kentrell had went on break.

Dragging his feet and opening the door to the community center, Nardo felt like he was back at square one. Dreading coming to his meetings again.

By God's grace and mercy, Kentrell wasn't there. Seeing the man physically, Horace was sure to fold.

Take him by his face and kiss him until he was breathless. Fuck Kentrell wherever he wanted, tell him how much he loved him and he was doing too much, it wasn't that serious he understood it was just a mistake.

His conscious wouldn't allow it and because of that he was suffering.

Everyone else were already in their seats and again, Nardo felt out the loop.

"Hey Nardo." Maria spoke to him noticing his somber mood.

"Hey Rico." He responded back softly, taking his seat.

Clifford nodded at him surprised for his presence and Horace didn't acknowledge it or him back.

The meeting was the usual shtick, he couldn't even find it in him to participate.

Horace went through the motions ready to hop up and go once they finished only to be pulled the side by Clifford and taken into his office.

"Lemme talk to you before you leave." He hid his irritation, keeping his face neutral as his elder began to speak.

"We missed you at last week's meetings."

"My bad."

"And the ones before that."

"You know how most shit do somethin' comes up." He said casually, shrugging.

"You let me know that beforehand." Clifford spoke sternly, "You do know I fill out your evaluations for these court ordered sessions?"

"Yeah."

"Then make sure you come so I'm not lyin' in my reports."

"Noted." He attempted to leave again before Clifford cleared his throat.

"Horace, that isn't what I wanted to talk about."

"Okay then what?" He replied back trying to not be rude.

"I gotta be professional but I'ma keep it 100 whichu'." He gave Horace direct eye contact, leaning his chin onto his clasped hands.

"You act like you wanna change, lil bruh."

"I do."

"So you know what change takes?"

"Yeah, a whole lotta work."

"Exactly."He gave Horace a gentle look,"When doing this kind of change, a relationship-"

"How you know I'm in a relationship?" Clifford laughed, running his bottom tongue over his bottom lip.

"If there's one thing I ain't, son, is dumb."He nodded towards an empty chair."You and Kentrell been joined at the hip since you first started comin'."

Horace blushed, if Clifford noticed then it wasn't hard to assume everyone else noticed too.

"You clocked us huh?"

"I been a young nigga befo'." His softened new york accent started to slip out more, Nardo beginning to listen to him intently. "Even if we ain't exactly the same, the feelings still is."