LW1998 - 6

Margaret Buenavista.

The party is starting in a bit. Halos buong angkan ko andito, my aunt and uncle in mather and father side. I also invited Carlos' sisters but they weren't able to make it beacause of busy schedules.

"Kinakabahan ako," I said to my staffs.

"Bat ka kakabahan baccla ka, debut mo ngayon," napatawa ako. This is how we really talk.

"Margs, tara na," sabi ng orgaziner. Huminga muna ako ng malalim bago tumango.

The party started. It was beautiful, I was amazed by how beautiful the venue was.

Ang daming tao, I smiled at everyone, the lights are off and the spotlight is on me. Everyone is clapping.

"Let's welcome, the princess who's now ready to step into womanhood and conquer the world, Miss Celestine Margaret Buenavista..." the host welcomed me.

Habang pababa ako sa hagdan nag hihintay na si Aga, a family friend of us. My eyes looked for Carlos, and then I saw him, he's smiling at me and clapping his hands hard.

Parang sira, baka maputol kamay mo niyan, mahal.

Natawa ako, when he saw me looking at him and laughing he made face and smiled more. "You look beautiful," he mouthed.

I am speechless, ang saya saya ko. I can't contain my feelings. Pagbaba ko inabot ni kuya Aga ang kamay ko.

I looked at every people in the party, some people were gone in the present year, and some people stayed through my ups and downs.

Things really do change that fast, who would've thought that this Margaret who's living her best life turned out to be someone who's damaged in the future...

I can't help to pity myself, to say sorry to my young self.

I'm sorry Margaret, I wasn't able to fullfill your dreams for yourself.

The party started I cried so hard, I cried so many times, I was able to hug my sisters again and my nieces, natapos na ang 18 candles, my 18th candle is my Mom..

When she finished her speech I cried so hard and hug her with all my heart, not minding everyone who'll see me.

My mother... the only woman who stayed by my side through the highest of highs and even the lowest of my lows... my mother who loved me and hugged me open arms when I can't even love myself.

My mother....

"Our debutante is getting emotional right now with her Mommy Estella, let's give them around of applause." The host said.

"I love you so much," she whispered.

It was 18 roses time... My dad is my first dance.

"So bago makasayaw ng mga nag gwa-gwapuhang lalaki dito ang ating birthday girl, let's call the first man in her life, her superhero, her first love, her dad, Daddy Miguel..." just like the moment with my mom, I also cried with dad. While dancing with him, I kept on sobbing.

I have been hurt repeatedly by men in my life, they all caused me pain and broke my heart, and the only man who loved me endlessly was my dad, the only who keeps on fixing me when I am so broken...

The only man who stayed with me...

My second dance is my grandfather in mother side, third is lolo in father side, and fourth to fifteenth are my siblings, cousins and workmates.

My sixteenth dance was Anthony... my ex boyfriend.

Some guests are quiet and some are loud when it was his turn to dance with me.