15

August

Mama T flew in from New Orleans today and everybody, especially Lyric was excited. Missy and I insisted that she flew since the drive was long and we wanted her to be safe. We were going to fill her in on all the new since she lived so far and you never know the next she'll visit or when we will.

We were all in the living room, sitting around talking about any and everything. Mama T was currently spilling the tea on how she caught her boyfriend cheating and how she was done with his old used up ass.

"I just about whooped his ass." she concluded.

"No no." Lyric butted in. "No bad words, gamma." That's her other version of grandma aside from ma-ma. "I'm sorry, baby." Lyric nodded and went back to relaxing in Mama T's lap.

"Lyric, tell ma-ma about ya' mommy." I told Lyric. She sat straight up with a big smile. "Look." she told Mama T and put her hand on Missy's small belly.

"I'm looking." Mama T assured her. "Mommy have a baby!" Lyric shouted. Mama T looked up at us with her eyes lit up. Something you rarely see.

"I'm having another baby?" Mama T asked causing me to laugh. "No, ma. I'm having another baby." Missy giggled. "Shutup, dammit. You know what I meant."

"So, y'all are good now?" she asked, looking in our faces. "Yeah, we're in a really good place with our relationship right now." Missy responded. We made slight eye contact with each other, trying to decide if right now was a good time to tell her about us getting married. We both nodded and looked back at Mama T.

"Y'all hiding something from me?" Mama T looked at us skeptically.

We both laughed. Missy leaned her back into my chest as I placed my hand on her still small belly. She had a small pugde, but it was just at the bottom of her belly. She just looked like she was full.

"Wellll," Missy dragged out. "Look, now. Stop playing with me."

"We tryna elope." I butt in.

"Babe." Missy whined. "What?" she frowned. "I wanted to tell her."

"You was taking too long and she was gon' start swinging."

"You saying I'm slow?" She snapped. "Hol' up na', I-"

"No, I get it. I understand. I just can't believe you said that." she started crying.

"Babe. I didn't mean it." I reached out to touch her, but she smacked my hand away. "Don't touch me!" she shouted.

See, I wasn't there for the first 8 and a half months of her carrying Lyric so I wasn't completely prepared. Her mood swings toward the end of her pregnancy weren't that bad, but right now she was on something else that I wasn't with.

"Just chill, Missy. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

She nodded. "Okay." she simply replied as she tried wiping away the tears that kept coming. Eventually, she just clung on to me and cried into my chest.

"Yeah, that ass pregnant alright." Mama T said causing Lyric to scold her for cussing again.

"So, what's the talk about eloping?"

"Missy, you wanna tell ha' the plans mama?" she shook her head. But you're in tears because I didn't let you the first time.

"So, we talked about marriage but we realized that right na' ain't a time to plan a wedding. I came up with the idea to elope in Paris. At first, we was just gonna run off and do it but what would it be without you there?"

"You want me to come to Paris with you guys?" she smiled bright.

I nodded, but Missy cried even harder. I'm guessing that's pregnant talk for yes. "Yeah. We wanna get married under the Eiffel Tower wit all my special ladies wit me. You, Lyric, and the Misses of course." she nodded.

"I'll go." she agreed causing me to smile. "Good. We should stay fa' at least a few days. Maybe fo' days." I suggested.

"How 'bout that Missy?" I asked. She nodded, officially getting ride of the tears.

"You okay now?" she just nodded, silently laying her head back on my chest.

I sent Mama T a text and waited for it to go through. Check your phone, I mouthed to her. She did so and nodded her head, giving me a thumbs up. I asked her to go ring shopping with me.

Even if we were eloping, I still wanted to get Missy a nice big ring. I would get myself a wedding band as well. Just because people didn't know about the wedding, didn't mean they shouldn't know that she's mine.

"When are we leaving?" Mama T asked.

"Tonight at 11." I informed her.

"What?!" Even Missy jumped up. "I didn't even bring enough clothes for that." she explained.

"We'a go shopping and y'all better get ta' packin' soon as we come home." I ordered, feeling like the man. I text Mama T again and said we were gonna get a ring in the jewelers at the mall. She nodded once again after she seen it.

It's about to be a long day.

----------------------------

Ok, so look.

All of a sudden, I see this boy liking my pictures one night. This was in December. So, I look and see his instagram name and I'm like, I seen this somewhere before. I look on his IG and BOOM. There's that picture of August at the one meet and greet where he had all white on and they caught a picture of him in midstep and you could see two younger boys on the sides of the room. So the one on the left, is the one who I was talking to.

So, we were slick playing instagram tag. Every time he liked a picture, I would go and like his until eventually I commented and was like "You gonna keep playing tag or you gonna say something?" and he was like "Oh shit. My bad. Wassup?"

We ended up staying up all night, texting and he would send me pictures of random shit. So in one picture you could see August's ILTS plaque in the background and in one, you could see his BET Awards sitting on a shelf. And he sent me a video in August's kitchen and y'all know we know what his house look like. Plus, you could see Mel's coke bottle in the background.

He was telling me stuff about Aug saying how impatient he was. He was saying that one day Aug asked him to go get his card so he could get him some shoes but when he took too long, Aug said he wasn't getting him the shoes no more and I guess he was mad asf.

Eventually, he started tryna invite me over. BUT NOT TO HIS HOUSE, BUT AUGUST'S HOUSE. So, I was like no. He probably live like an hour away from me and how am I gonna explain to my mom a big ass Range Rover outside the house picking me up. No way, no how nigga. Plus, I'm not about to just go over somebody's house like that but he was like "man he don't care. He let me bring people over here" and whatnot but I'm still saying no b/c let's not forget I'm 16 (17 in June bihh). My mom doesn't let me bust loose unlike some of these other children. He was like, well Aug don't gotta be the one to get you. It could be Trav or you could get an Uber. So I'm still saying no cause my mom gonna be like "umm, bitch where you going?"

Eventually, he showed his true colors. HE WAS VERY COCKY. He would send me screenshots of other girls texting him, basically being young whores and he was basically saying that I was missing out and I could be them, but I'm holding back. He also sent me a screenshot of this girl texting him talking about how they were f*cking and he was basically like "This girl met Aug." BASICALLY TRYNA BRIBE ME INTO SEX WITH HIM. Fuck I look like? Yeah, I love August but I'm damn sure not about to have sex with somebody just to meet a celebrity even if I'm a fan. SORRY, THAT'S A NO NO.

That's the story of August's younger cousin.