Chapter 2: Let's Never Do That Again, Ok?

A/N: As I mentioned in the last A/N, this is going to be episodes 2 and 3 because Marjan really isn't in 2 and therefore reader wouldn't be either. Enjoy!

I guess I must have passed out, because the next thing I know, I'm waking up face down in an airbag with Marjan shaking my shoulders. There is some sort of sticky liquid running down my face all over and I have a sneaky suspicion that it's blood. I groan and lift up my head and the first thing I notice is that the car is at an angle.

"Marjan? What happened?" I ask, looking over at her. She looks to be fine, minus some blood running down from her nose.

"We crashed." She replies. She grabs my chin with her hand and makes me face her. She grabs her scarf and wipes the blood off of my face and it's quickly replaced with more. I guess I have a bad cut somewhere. "You're bleeding so much." Marjan whispers as I hiss in pain while she continues trying to get the blood off of my face.

I try to move my head away from her grip. "Could you knock it off? It's quite painful."

"Sorry." She moves away and pulls out her phone from her pocket. "I'm gonna try and call Cap." I just nod. He doesn't pick up I guess, because Marjan groans and quickly unbuckles us both. She tries to force her door open and I do the same, but neither of them will budge. "Any luck with your door?"

"Does it look like I've had any luck? The door would be open if I did."

She groans again and rests her head on her headrest. "Cap is so paying my deductible."

Marjan finally shoulders her way through her door and gets out, coming to my side right away and helping me pop open my door. My door takes a lot more force to open. I was debating on just crawling over the middle console and out Marjan's door.

I get out of the car and see that we are down in a ditch. Everything is covered in snow and it would be pretty if I weren't so terrified of bleeding out and dying in the middle of nowhere. Damn you, Owen. 

"Marjan!" I shout after hearing a police siren.

"I'll go, you stay here. Your head looks bad." She runs off. I sit down in my seat and twiddle my thumbs for a few seconds before I hear footsteps again. She must not have found anyone 'cause she had a really disappointed look on her face. 

She sighed at me. "So, the cop apparently left without seeing us. He raced off!" She rants at me.

"Hey, chill out just a bit. Someone is bound to come by again or we walk around for a little while until we find other people. Ok?" I try to reassure her.

She takes in a deep breath and lets it out. "You're right, as always. C'mon, let's go walking and try to find somebody." Marjan helps me out of the car. We start to walk down the road the way that Marjan said she had seen the cop leave. It has to go somewhere right?

We're walking for about 10 minutes before we just 'happen' to stumble across the same cop car and a person in the snow covered by a blanket. I say 'happen' because we were going to see someone, it just had to happen sooner or later. We start to run over before we see him pull out a gun. Marj skids to a stop and grabs me gently.

"We need to get out of here." Marjan whispers to me. The 'cop' shoots the poor person, scaring the shit out of use both even though we knew it was gonna happen. I grab Marjan's wrist and start to drag her away when the 'cop' looks up and shouts at us. 

"Hey!" We sprint away and after a few seconds, we find a large bush to hide in. You remember the cut that I had on my head? Yeah, so that's still bleeding. Hurts like hell but getting away from the 'cop' who will most definitely kill us takes priority, believe it or not. He stood almost right above us in our bush. We stay silent for a few seconds before we hear his footsteps move away from our hiding spot.